Thread: York Software

Talking York Software

Does anyone knows where can i find free york/sabroe compressor software/calculator?

thanks

Firdaus

Re: York Software

Hi, Firdus

It is free (Sabroe MatchMaster) but you must ask copy from York/Sabroe representative in your country becuse each copy has its own number what is visible when you calculate and order something (compressor, unit, oil cooler, etc)

Best regrds, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Smile Re: York Software

Hi Josip,

Thanks for your information. but, where can i find the Sabroe Match Master? Will they give the number to the person outside York? though, i've 10 sabroe compressors in my company.

Best Regards

Firdaus

Hi, Firdaus

Quote Originally Posted by Firdaus View Post
    Hi Josip,

Thanks for your information. but, where can i find the Sabroe Match Master? Will they give the number to the person outside York? though, i've 10 sabroe compressors in my company.

Best Regards

Firdaus
    As I said you must request CD from your local representative or you can send request direct to Sabroe. If they agree with your request you will receive CD with your number and your name and so on...

Please, as I understood you are a user, can you tell me what for you need it, maybe I can help.

Best regards, Josip

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

My experience has shown the manufacturers only provide their software to people who can help them sell compressors.

Now having said that, not all manufacturers are like this.

It can be difficult to get the software, and you may be asked a lot of questions before it is provided.

From some reason the software is treated as if it were a top secret.

Hi Josip and Ice man,

thank you for your both valuable information. i'm a new bie in refrigeration system, due to large ammount of sabroe compressor in my company, i would like to learn to analyze whether all compressors are running smooth or not also COP of the machine

Best Regards

Firdaus

Hi Firdaus,

The software will not tell if your compressors are running smooth. It would tell you what type of performance values you should expect though.

As far as COP is concerned, try to get the discharge pressure as low as you can by keeping the condensers clean. That is the easiest thing you can do.

Almost everything else is related to changing the system components or operational parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by US Iceman View Post
    Hi Firdaus,

The software will not tell if your compressors are running smooth. It would tell you what type of performance values you should expect though.

As far as COP is concerned, try to get the discharge pressure as low as you can by keeping the condensers clean. That is the easiest thing you can do.

Almost everything else is related to changing the system components or operational parameters.
    Agree with all said

Best regards, Josip

Hi, Firdaus,
    Our company is distributer of Sabroe and also I have the program. But, we don't give the program CD to our customer, only give the computation results. I think you want to compare the computation results with actual system indications to see if your compressors are going well. If you give the operation condition in detail, I think I can give some help.

Hi, Firdaus

Does anyone knows where can i find free york/sabroe compressor software/calculator?

thanks

Firdaus
    follow this link please: https://compweb.sabroe.com/

hope you find what you want

Best regards, Josip

Dear josip, US Iceman, and Lee,

Sorry for late reply, just back from bizz trip. Thank you very much for your valuable information and help. it is a very great and useful site.... indeed, i've got more than what i want

FYI, the compressor that i try to analyze is sabroe tsmc 116 L/R 717 with average following data (I think the discharge temp is too high):

Discharge temp 42 degC
    Intermediate temp - 8 degC
    Vessel temp -46,3 degC
    Suction temp -44 degC
    Oil pressure 4,4 Bar

Once again, many thanks to all of you..

Firdaus,

Is the discharge temperature you provided right?

42C (107.6) does not seem correct. How are you measuring this?

Measure the discharge temperature about .15 meters (6") away from the discharge valve on the compressor with a thermometer. This would be the approximate discharge temperature of the gas leaving the compressor.

Can you provide the ammonia pressures also please?

Best Regards,
    US Iceman

Question Re: York Software

Dear US Iceman,

The discharge temperature from compressor tachometer is +43 degC/ 16 bar (High Stage), i tried your way to measure, and the result is +43degC to + 44 degC. i think the condenser capacity is too small for the system.

please advice, thanks

Firdaus

Hi Firdaus,

Let's try this again.

Temp. = 43C (109.4F)
    Pressure = 16 bar (232.0 psig) Note: I am assuming this is gauge pressure.
    Refrigerant = R-717

For ammonia at 16 bar(g), the saturation temperature is +/- 43C. This tells me the refrigerant is saturated at this point where you measured the temperature.

If this is indeed the discharge temperature at the compressor you have absolutely no superheat in the discharge gas. Is this compressor (sabroe tsmc 116 L/R 717) a screw or a recip compressor?

What type of condenser is being used?

On the other hand, if you tell me this pressure and temperature is what you measured at the condenser outlet (the refrigerant drain) then this is something completely different.

I have more questions than answers right now. Sorry.

Wink Re: York Software

Dear US Iceman,

The discharge temperature from compressor tachometer is +43 degC/ 16 bar (High Stage), i tried your way to measure, and the result is +43degC to + 44 degC. i think the condenser capacity is too small for the system.

please advice, thanks

Firdaus
    As Iceman said, +43C/16bar read from your comp. is condensing temp. (TSMC model is compound reciprocating compressor Mr.Iceman.)

According to the data you described, your system seems to be NH3 flooded system with water cooled condenser, and the condensing pressure is not bad, but you can increase condensing capacity by increasing cooling water flow or lowering cooling water temperature. However, if your condenser is Evacon, the capacity of condenser is insufficient.

For intermedate temperature, -8C is a little bit higher than MATCHMASTER computation(-12.6C), but it will not make big problem. Check the thermo expansion valve to the intercooler if needed.

And, shaft speed(RPM) is needed to calculate the capacity.

B/R

Hi, Josip
    I am also using about 40 sabroe's compressor so I understand you. But It is very hard to get sabroe software ( Why i dont know ? )
    To solve your require i think You can find the same software to study.