Compressor replace

Hi experts,
    I have MBP hermetic compressor (Emraco J9226GK)
    It has evaporating temperature range from -20C to +15C

Can I replace it by LBP compressor (Danfoss SC21CL),which has evaporating temperature range from -45C to -10C ?

Or I have to select HBP compressor (L'Unite Hermetique
    CAJ 4517Z),which has evaporating temperature range
    from -25C to +10C ?
    All compressors for R404A.

What do you mean about compressor manufactures
    Embraco
    Danfoss
    L'Unite Hermetique
    Elektrolux
    Thanks for any advice.

Re: Compressor replace

Whats the application
    What is the cab temp you trying to achieve?

Hi Abe
    Integral multideck cabinet should supply temperature
    from 0C to +7C

Go with the HBP. fitting the LBP on that unit is an invitation for a burnout.
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by slingblade
    As Sling says.........its got to be High Back Pressure

rbartlett Guest

Quote Originally Posted by slingblade
    I know what you mean but I remember seeing two idnetical LBP l'unite condensing units both on 502 one running a freezer room and the other doing the coldroom. Both worked perfectly happliy.
    I ponder to think the main difference is in the compression ratio and possibly motor differences and providing a decent S.H will normally be ok.

Of course the correct thing would be to go HBP but sometimes life can be difficult...

Cheers

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rbartlett
    I know what you mean but I remember seeing two idnetical LBP l'unite condensing units both on 502 one running a freezer room and the other doing the coldroom. Both worked perfectly happliy.
    I ponder to think the main difference is in the compression ratio and possibly motor differences and providing a decent S.H will normally be ok.

Of course the correct thing would be to go HBP but sometimes life can be difficult...

Cheers

Richard
    We bought a cold room off Foster for -22 deg c. It came with R134a and would not pull lower than -13 deg c. Wwe changed the gas to R404a, the compressor was suitable for the pressures, room flew down and never looked back

Seems Foster have the same unit for chill and deep freeze, they just change the gas to suit

If your LBP compressor is R404a, you could run it on R134a for a MBP or HBP application.

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

Whats wrong with the MBP?

rbartlett Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    We bought a cold room off Foster for -22 deg c. It came with R134a and would not pull lower than -13 deg c. Wwe changed the gas to R404a, the compressor was suitable for the pressures, room flew down and never looked back

Seems Foster have the same unit for chill and deep freeze, they just change the gas to suit

If your LBP compressor is R404a, you could run it on R134a for a MBP or HBP application.

Kind Regards Andy
    And i used to engineer these units

http://www.pkl.co.uk/foodservices/coldrooms.asp

and they were a coldroom or freezer by swapping power from one eliwell controller preset at +1 to another preset at -20 deg c ....

Cheers

Richard
    Last edited by rbartlett; 24-08-2006 at 07:38 PM.

i think he,s saying his MBP pots dead and wants to use a LBP,even if its a cappilary system it will expire in no time,as the guys advise you,go HBP with start capacitor,andy thats intersting about that foster freezer,must have been a friday afternoon job, was it hot gas defrost aswell? bet it grunted a bit if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by rbartlett
    And i used to engineer these units

http://www.pkl.co.uk/foodservices/coldrooms.asp

and they were a coldroom or freezer by swapping power from one eliwell controller preset at +1 to another preset at -20 deg c ....

Cheers

Richard

I to have worked on dawson rental boxes which will work chiller or freezer at the flick of a switch. the biggest factor here is they are designed to do just that. a crank case pressure regulator stops overloading during pulldown, after defrost termination or higher temp. operation especially in high ambient conditions. 404A multidecks are not quite the same, think back 3 or 4 weeks to the sweltering summer we experienced. air on evap. 25/35 deg c. 404 can run nasty discharge temps at the best of times but on an open fronted unit in those conditions, it begs burnt oil blocked capillarys and premature failure.
    lets face it, how many of us have had burnt fingers from touching a running compressor to check how cold it is?

Im surprised one came out of the factory like that, did you get a credit for the rectification work?

Just my thoughts,

regards all.
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

Quote Originally Posted by old gas bottle
    andy thats intersting about that foster freezer,must have been a friday afternoon job, was it hot gas defrost aswell? bet it grunted a bit if it was.
    Yep hot gas defrost, with a water cooled condenser and a remote dry air cooler.

Was R134a on the plate, charge and all stamped. One of my engineers, decanted and recharged to the correct charge, again with R134a, still wouldn,t come down in temp.
    I was on site, looked at it, compressor was R404a, the pressure switch for bringing on the cond pump was even set for 12 bar. I said to try recharging with R404a, as the compressor was fit for it.
    The things a bloody blast freezer now

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

Was R134a on the plate, charge and all stamped. One of my engineers, decanted and recharged to the correct charge, again with R134a, still wouldn,t come down in temp.
    I was on site, looked at it, compressor was R404a, the pressure switch for bringing on the cond pump was even set for 12 bar. I said to try recharging with R404a, as the compressor was fit for it.
    The things a bloody blast freezer now
    No disrespect but on the data plates they also include the type of gas which is used in the insulation of the panels/sides which as it happens is R134a