Hall V127 compressor

Looking for some advice on some repairs ive got to carry out on the above compressor. Im not too upto speed on these old compressors but im willing to have a go at anything. The shaft gland seal is knackered so i need to get the pulley off and start getting in to it. Can anyone tell me if this pretty much straight forward or am i in for a nightmare of a job! Your thoughts would be gratefully appreciated!

Re: Hall V127 compressor

Quote Originally Posted by puddleboy3
    Looking for some advice on some repairs ive got to carry out on the above compressor. Im not too upto speed on these old compressors but im willing to have a go at anything. The shaft gland seal is knackered so i need to get the pulley off and start getting in to it. Can anyone tell me if this pretty much straight forward or am i in for a nightmare of a job! Your thoughts would be gratefully appreciated!
    HiPuddleboy

All Halls compressors come with a tool kit. You need the puller to remove the flywheel from the tool kit. you can have one made from steel square stock.

If the shaft seal is away CHECK THE CRANKSHAFT THRUST. The manual or a phone call to Halls will tell you this (probably about 40 thou").

Other than clean the shaft so that the seal pulls off the shaft easy.
    Oil the new one all faces and seal rings.

And assemble with new gaskets, there isn't much to it (oh don't forget to change the compressor oil and filter and clean the sump out).

Hope this helps

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply Andy, do the actual compressors come with a tool kit or do you have to buy the tool kit seperate! If it comes with the compressor its long gone. The more i think about it! I might be better to sub it out to someone who is upto speed on it so i get it fixed in the first sitting especially if ive not got the tools for the job, theres nothing worse than not having the right tools for the job! Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by puddleboy3
    Thanks for the reply Andy, do the actual compressors come with a tool kit or do you have to buy the tool kit seperate! If it comes with the compressor its long gone. The more i think about it! I might be better to sub it out to someone who is upto speed on it so i get it fixed in the first sitting especially if ive not got the tools for the job, theres nothing worse than not having the right tools for the job! Thanks again
    Hi Puddleboy

All Halls compressors come with a tool kit, probably still in some dark cupboard on site.

You could probably pick up a second hand tool kit from Inducom (talk to Pat Templeton) he might even know someone who could do the job for you.

If you do get someone to do the job stay with them and learn. By working with them you will cut out the possibility of them trying to steal your customer

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

i used to do several v127 on a site in brum. we never had any special tools as the pulley has a drive hole on the taper to make it easy (still bl***y heavy. ).when you've cleaned and refitted the new seal and pulley turn it over by hand a few times to make sure the seal sits properly.

Thanks for the replys i'll keep you all upto date on the job, looks like im going to tackle it myself. Cant wait!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by puddleboy3 View Post
    Thanks for the replys i'll keep you all upto date on the job, looks like im going to tackle it myself. Cant wait!!!! LOL
    Well my compressor repair has dragged on and on and on, i now dont have the time or experiance to repair it so i have decided that im going to sub it out! My question is how long would changing the shaft seal and the oil take? I would have said 1 day max would have it changed and put back together! Any suggestions?

Thanks

try Hallservice in glasgow 01413319820