Cooldawg Guest

Super inverter or 3 phase

Hi Techies
    I am looking to install a ducted air con at my house. I have narrowed my search to a
    Daikin inverter sys.
    FDYP145P

and a daikin 3 phase sys.
    FDY160L
    as Daikin is the most recommended brand in Australia.
    The question is which system should I go for in regards to efficiency and reliability?

Thanks in advance guys

Re: Super inverter or 3 phase

G'day Cooldawg.

Do you have three phase power connected at your house?

If not I would suggest the inverter unit.

The three phase unit has more capacity and will be cheaper to purchase but will consume more power.

You can also get a 15.5kW single phase inverter ducted system now on 410A refrigerant.
    Model FDYQ160M

Cooldawg Guest

Yes. I do have 3 phase power at my place. I am wondering if the inverter or the 3 phase will be cost effective in the long run. My house is approx 30sq.double story. I have been recommended a 6hp system by the air con installers here. Your thoughts please?

The inverter driven compressor will be more economical to run than the 3 phase on/off compressor as it will match your cooling load more precisely.

Lifetime costs will depend on how long you intend to keep it.

Check with your local Daikin dealer for actual figures, but the inverter should give about 30% less on the electrical running costs, which can be quite significant over 1-2 years, covering the extra cost to buy inverter kit. Over 3-5 years it is always a winner on the overal price look.

After that it is whether there are vital features you would loose, if any - adequate duty?

If it is your own house the inverter will likely win here. If someone elses house/property, then the first cost may win the order and a non-inverter has to be the first offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Makeit go Right
    Check with your local Daikin dealer for actual figures, but the inverter should give about 30% less on the electrical running costs, which can be quite significant over 1-2 years, covering the extra cost to buy inverter kit. Over 3-5 years it is always a winner on the overal price look.

After that it is whether there are vital features you would loose, if any - adequate duty?

If it is your own house the inverter will likely win here. If someone elses house/property, then the first cost may win the order and a non-inverter has to be the first offering.

Is it possible to provide an explanation or a mathematical calculation the running costs of an inverter over a fixed speed compressor.

I am not disputing what you say, but it seems inverters are cheaper to run, I need to ascertain why

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Abe
    it seems inverters are cheaper to run, I need to ascertain why

Thx
    Suggest you contact Daikin. They have a pretty good text + graphical explaination at the front of their inverter equipment brochures. Probably something on their website too. (www.daikin.co.uk).

Abe
    http://www.daikineurope.com/faq/item...technology.jsp

i whould recomand the inverter, not only that it is cost eficient, but it is healthier because it is not making big temperature diferences, and it's not makeing a'n elevtrical shock at start, i don't know how mutch power do u have instaled for u'r home, but sock's are sometimes not good for sensitiv electronics in the home