EddieC Guest

Daikin KRP2A61 Card Power consumption

Hi
    I need to specify a Power Supply for a Daikin KRP2A61 card as the IDU does not supply enough power to power this as well as the wireless remote receiver and the KRP928A2S card. Daikin can not give me the power consumption figure.
    I figure a 16V 200mA(3.2W) PS should be sufficient.

Am I on the right track!

Re: Daikin KRP2A61 Card Power consumption

You say KRP are you talking the pcb? or something else krp related. The only krp i have come across is for use in adding an external timer on older Daikin systems which cannot use the newer BRCD controllers.

If i'm mistaken I'd like to learn something new XD

EddieC Guest

The KRP2A61 card is a card which allows resistive setpoint control. We use this to provide lead/lag control of 2 or 3 airconditioners. (The card also allows us to break out alarms to our supervisory network)
    We have a control panel which changes the resistance applied to each card, thus changing the setpoint. This has the effect of ensuring that 1 air conditioner does not wear out while the other never gets used. It also gives them both a regular run.

I see. Never heard of it lol Least I'm not getting confused with the krp boards we have used in the past lol

The KRP2A pcb is an add on control board that communicates through the F1 F2 terminals, as opposed to the KRP4A pcb which communicates through the P1 P2 terminals. Both do the same job but apply to different types of Daikin equipment.

Both will give remote on/off control by shorting B1 BC contacts, remote run/fault BMS interface through W1 W2 W3 W4 or are able to provide ancillary equipment control/power switching, such as a fresh air input fan up to a maximum 1A FLC.

The boards take their power from the host equipment pcb at 24v although I've never measured the current draw (must be in mv)

Thats in addition of course to the resistive input control already mentioned
    Last edited by frank; 18-08-2006 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieC
    Hi
    I need to specify a Power Supply for a Daikin KRP2A61 card as the IDU does not supply enough power to power this as well as the wireless remote receiver and the KRP928A2S card. Daikin can not give me the power consumption figure.
    I figure a 16V 200mA(3.2W) PS should be sufficient.

Am I on the right track!
    Im a little confused (wouldnt be the first time) as frank has pointed out KRP2A allows BMS interface through the F1 F2 connections on VRV. The KRP4A would allow the same control but through P1 P2 on sky air or VRV. This is the bit thats confusing me the KRP928 is for split type units to give them F1 F2 connections to allow connection to a centrallised controller. Maybe if you tell us the kit you connecting to we might be able to help some more. Or as per usual my brain aint working to well its been a hard week!