Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    kazik1996 Guest

Introduction

Hello everyone I am new and checking out the site.

JORGE CABRITA Guest

Re: Introductions forum

Hello,

I am new to this forum,but part of this industry since 1974.I started in Southampton in the UK.Today I was looking for publications in refrigeration by GUY R. KING,and came across this forum of which I liked immediately.

So here I am and will be very pleased to participate,learn,share and be part of.

Best regards to all,

Jorge Cabrita

Welcome Jorge,

I'm sure you will find a second home here as we have many members here from a wide section of the industry.

Most of the Guy King books are out of print and you may be able to find second-hand copies on Amazon or Abe Books.

On task I have been thinking about is to find who owns the copyright to these books and see if we can get them re-published. They are getting hard to find, but very appropriate even today.
    Last edited by US Iceman; 18-10-2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    If all else fails, ask for help.

cj81 Guest

I'm very glad to say hello to the community of Refrigeration-Engineer.com.
    I'm a mechanical engineer, aged 26 from Italy.
    I'm in charge of the laboratory of a company that produces chest, upright freezers and coolers located in the south of Italy. It's my first work-experience so I'll be very happy to learn and receive tips from the members of the community.
    I'm very interested in studying thermodynamics so i'll be pleased to have some tips about where to find useful and interesting articles, softwares, charts about refrigeration.

Best Regards,

Claudio Iaselli

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Hello Claudio and a warm welcome to you, I hope that you enjoy the forum and do not be afraid to ask questions.
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 20-10-2007 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Claudio and Jorge, welcome from me on a cold morning in Belgium.
    Claudio, are you working at Tasselli?
    USIceman, I didn't know that Abe had a bookshop.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Hello to everyone!
    I am new to RE, and I am very happy finding you.
    I am building cold rooms for milk industry.
    I am from Serbia, so for us HCPP standard is new.
    If anyone have opinion about possible mistakes tell me.

D_Man Guest

Hello everyone, found this site by mistake looking for answers to a problem we had with a system on R408a and am glad i did, plenty of questions and answers here....

Welcome Vucko Antarktik and D_Man glad you guys are enjoying the site.

Hello to you all.

I just become a member of "RE", and work as a salesman in Sweden.

I found "RE" through google and im glad that i did

/ Jfriman

Hey, first post for me. Surfing the site for tasty bits of info. born and bred Kiwi (from New Zealand, not the fruit). Mostly industrial ammonia work but everything else in between. Interesting to see how the other side works.

droffy Guest

Hiya This is Droffy, I am from Perth Western Australia and very new to the forum, I must say lot's of good stuff here. I have also had prob's finding the introduction forum so I am using this site, if I may. I do not have to much to say at the moment, but as time roll's on I am sure to drive you lot insane.
    Cheers Droffy.

Welcome to the Forum Kiwi & Droffy.

Hope you enjoy your stay and post plenty.

cj81 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1 View Post
    Claudio and Jorge, welcome from me on a cold morning in Belgium.
    Claudio, are you working at Tasselli?
    USIceman, I didn't know that Abe had a bookshop.

Hi Peter, nice to meet you.
    What do you mean for Tasselli? I don't know a company called Tasselli in Italy. I hope you haven't made confusion about my surname, Iaselli.
    Waiting for your reply,
    Claudio

Claudio, could be a nickname http://www.isaitaly.com/html/tasselli.html
    Worked some years at the Belgium importer of Tasselli.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

cj81 Guest

sorry Peter,
    it's a brand of the famous isa group as i can see.
    I know IFI group located in Pesaro that produces similar appliances.

bye,
    claudio

Hi, I´m from Venezuela, I hope learn and help here. My englihs is very bad, but I can read, thanks.

moreyeah Guest

Hi everyone... i m from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia... wish i'll learn a lot from this site... thanks. kind regards

karthik_644 Guest

hii people this is karthik
    from India pursuing masters in Refrigeration and A/C

REEFER-TEK Guest

Hi my name is shawn I am from new york USA, I was browsing forum sights to get some ideas. I hope that i may share insight here as i wish other pros can share there insights with me.

In the mean time since i am a new member here i will browse to see if i may assist in tech advise in transport industry.
    Last edited by chillin out; 19-11-2007 at 01:20 AM.

refca Guest

Hi folks...
    I am having some queries regarding cross plot and component balancing. I noticed that "Peter_1" has posted some excellent stuff on this topic. I am wondering how can I contact "Peter_1" ? Is there some kind of private messaging option available on this forum?

refca

If you click on my name right side of my avatar, then you will see a dropdown list with the option Private message.
    Try this once.
    But you can ask it also here so that everyone can benefit from it.
    Do this then in the Fundamentlas section of this forum

froidclim Guest

hello all frigoman and ac man (enginneers-techs).

i am from morocco.tangier just 15km from europe.

i am 44 years old. i have 22 years experience in refrigeration air conditioning field.i find this forum helpful for mi . i am frenche spanishe speaking well but i do my best for english . i am happy to be with the prfesionals withe i can shear and recive more aknawoldgs about the R.H.V.A.C my job in i enjoy

thanks hasta la vista

Bruno Aérotech Guest

Introductions forum

Hi everybody,
    I'm new in here, I'm from Canada, Québec, Montréal to be more specific. So I hope I will find helpfull stuff here, the site look great.
    I' work more on refrigeration, in pharmaceutical reasearch, as contractor at Merck Frosst Canada, and also on air conditioning, heating and ventilation.
    If I can help somebody, I will be glad too.
    So have a nice Chistmast and a happy new year to every body here.
    Bruno Jean
    Technician
    Ventilation AéroTech inc.

Bonjour Bruno Aerotech, j'espère qu'on peut vous voir beaucoup fois sur cette site.
    Salut
    ça c'est tous qui reste depuis mon temps a l'école (+/- 30 ans passé) mais c'est la geste qui compte hein.

Hi guys.Since this is the new post forum,I'll just have a quick hello myself.Been on the site for a while and plenty of info and expertise to be found.

My brother and myself run a family business in Scotland...Springbok CARE...(Catering,Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Engineers).It's going well and work pretty much all over.Anyway...seasons greetings to all....

this is Khaled Hilaly i am pleased to send you my first massege hoping to be effective member in your forum
    thank you very much

nero Guest

Hi everyone, new to the site, from ireland. found this site and only trying to find my way around it by trial and error, Went looking for commissioning sheets for air con general single splits and also coldrooms, if anyone can tell me if there out there to be found,

Khaled, Springbok and Nero, both welcome from the cold Belgium.

Hi all, Just to say "Hello". New to the site, looks very interesting. I am 57 ( still breathing, just ) been in the game for 36 years here in the UK. Covered most equipment in this time, not transport though. Started in the Domestic side right up to York Chillers. Playing with 410 at the moment and "dabbling" in ground source heat pumps.. Will be watching with interest. Cheers.

learner Guest

Hey Josip
    see my next message please..
    Last edited by learner; 15-01-2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: wasn`t completed

learner Guest

Hey Josip

This is Learner, just made my registration on RE. Thank you, guys, for having made this site, thus serving and equipping people with knowledge and exchanging experience.
    Since haven`t been part of forums, I`d ask and appreciate your patience and guidance thanks
    I`ll use this message for a quick intro and ask a couple of questions, if you`d be willing to answer and/or advise me where I can place them.
    My parents have been working with Heat Pumps for several years now that use R 22.
    Can we mix R 22 with R 407?
    Can we discharge the units of R22 and replace it with R 417?
    thank you Josip.
    have a successful year!
    Learner
    (hope I can find your answer )

oceaneclipse Guest

what up peoples?

oceaneclipse, what's up what? What do you mean?
    BTW, nice intro.

Learner, is only Josip allowed to answer your question?

Better post it in the proper section (airconditioning) and more readers will read then your post.
    You're in the introduction forum here.

R417 is a drop in for r22. Drop in means you can add it to R22.

Nicaman Guest

Smile Re: Introductions forum

Hello gentlemen. I am new and want to take this first opportunity to express my appreciation for giving me the chance to interact with nice people in our commom field of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. Hope not to be the youngest member of these forums. I am only 69 years old but still active, and going and going and going. Best regards to all. Nicaman.

Hi, Nicaman

welcome to RE forums...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicaman View Post
    Hello gentlemen. I am new and want to take this first opportunity to express my appreciation for giving me the chance to interact with nice people in our commom field of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. Hope not to be the youngest member of these forums. I am only 69 years old but still active, and going and going and going. Best regards to all. Nicaman.
    in the moment of registration each of us were the youngest member......you too with your first 69 years.....hat off

......in my country we use to say it is only hard to survive the first 100 years

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

He, Learner
    Quote Originally Posted by learner View Post
    Hey Josip

This is Learner, just made my registration on RE. Thank you, guys, for having made this site, thus serving and equipping people with knowledge and exchanging experience.
    Since haven`t been part of forums, I`d ask and appreciate your patience and guidance thanks
    I`ll use this message for a quick intro and ask a couple of questions, if you`d be willing to answer and/or advise me where I can place them.
    My parents have been working with Heat Pumps for several years now that use R 22.
    Can we mix R 22 with R 407?
    Can we discharge the units of R22 and replace it with R 417?
    thank you Josip.
    have a successful year!
    Learner
    (hope I can find your answer )
    all of us here are patient people always willing to help....for sure you will find your answer.......if not mine then from someone else... don't worry

Best regards, Josip

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Nicaman,
    Welcome from the warm Belgium.
    It's been again some time we've seen such a nice and warm intro.
    We've experienced here already long time ago that the 'oldest' amongst us are many times those who not only can learn us the most regarding the technical aspect of our 'métier' but also - and you expressed this very well in your first post - good manners.

JohnJames Guest

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post to say hello as a new member. Came through browsing via Google as I've just bought a S/H Hotpoint Mistral FF80 and found it smelt a little warm and 'rubbery' after turn on. Lots of fluff and dust. Read some of the postings and it looks a great site for advice and problem solving. Perhaps I should have done this before I bought . I'll post in the appropriate place if I seem to have a problem

I'll go a-browsing now!

Cheers!
    Last edited by JohnJames; 27-01-2008 at 05:52 PM.

SuperspinMark Guest

Hi all just registered from Spain. Looking forward to speaking with you .Any one on from the Costa Del Sol? Need to find a good supplier of Lokring stuff

Hello,

I am a Chief Engineer working on a 270' factory trawler in the Bering Sea, Alaska. I found this sight while searching for more information on superheat and the adjustment or monitoring of it. There is a lot of great information here. Makes a guy really think. We use a flooded R22 system to freeze around 130 metric tons of fish per day. If anyone has a good way of setting superheat on a flooded horizontal plate freezer, please let me know. I am running liquid into the freezer through a Danfoss REG 25 valve @45 psi and 4mm orifices into the liquid lines for each plate, suction pressure is the equivalent of -35^f and the suction temp is -32^f. We are getting good core temps on the blocks of around -26^f after 104 minutes. I would like to know if I am close to max efficiency for this type of setup.

Thanks for your help with this.......

[Moderator edit: I have copied this post to System Optimization]
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 28-01-2008 at 12:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chiefbecker View Post
    Hello,

I am a Chief Engineer working on a 270' factory trawler in the Bering Sea, Alaska. I found this sight while searching for more information on superheat and the adjustment or monitoring of it. There is a lot of great information here. Makes a guy really think. We use a flooded R22 system to freeze around 130 metric tons of fish per day. If anyone has a good way of setting superheat on a flooded horizontal plate freezer, please let me know. I am running liquid into the freezer through a Danfoss REG 25 valve @45 psi and 4mm orifices into the liquid lines for each plate, suction pressure is the equivalent of -35^f and the suction temp is -32^f. We are getting good core temps on the blocks of around -26^f after 104 minutes. I would like to know if I am close to max efficiency for this type of setup.

Thanks for your help with this.......
    Welcome chiefbecker!
    You should post your question in industrial forum:
    http://www.refrigeration-engineer.co...splay.php?f=83

[Moderator edit: Thanks Nike, I have copied the post over]
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 28-01-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Hello to all ref.engineer from FORUM. I am marin ref.engineer from Ukraine.

Welcome from Belgium, Nice to have you here.

Peter

Lightbulb Re: Introductions forum

hi all,

m new to this forum.

mechanical engineer working in data center cooling.

regards
    Praveen Singh

m searching for airconditioning project /maintenence job.
    kindly help

just signed up,, hello to all...actually im not working today and its raining here in perth western australia, so i thought it was a great time to test out this handy website..

You as well hey?
    I had to cancell my morning jobs as they were split systems all out in the rain.

i chucked a sicky, pretty rare for me, too busy normally,but im only human... and i did work all day on saturday...cool site hey bro!

Hi, australian tech

Welcome to RE forums...

Quote Originally Posted by australian tech View Post
    just signed up,, hello to all...actually im not working today and its raining here in perth western australia, so i thought it was a great time to test out this handy website..
    Best regards, Josip

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast