Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    cold stratum Guest

Post Introductions forum

Lookin for the introductions forum, could not find it.
    So my first post will be here .

Where is this forum from? U.K.?

Cold stratum is my name, and cooling is my game.
    I am from the Netherlands, and NO i am not doing drugs , just a good old pilsner will do the job.
    Started looking around and the forum looks promising to me.

Saw a lot of diff countries here, always good to share our thoughts.

This is probably the longest post you will see from me .

Richard: saw you post overseas as well, cheers!

cold stratum
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cold stratum; 07-08-2006 at 10:55 PM.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Introductions forum

Hey, CS, you are very welcome.

Yes the site is based in the UK but the content is worldwide.

Hope to hear from you sometime.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi, Cold Stratum

Welcome to RE

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Hi guys, as you see I'm new here. Excuse my English as I'm just a beginner. I have found your website as I was looking for information about floodback to the compressor. I'm struggling with this problem lately and dont know how to solve it. Maybe some of you could help me. Next time I write I will give some more detailes. I need some time to translate all the vocabulary to explane the exact problem. Will hear from me soon, I hope.
    Zbyszek

Welcome Zbyszek,

We will be waiting to hear from you. When you get ready to reply, please provide as much detail as you can.

Best Regards,
    US Iceman

Hi again, sorry to write so late, I was on vacation. I'm struggling with some problem and I dont know how to solve it. I just hope you can figure out something of my description. I would really appreciate if you could suggest me some solution.
    The problem is- I have floodbacks to the compressor! I will try to describe the situation:
    the chiller works with refrigerant R22, condenser is cooled with air, there are working three semihermetic compressors, high pressure= 1536kPa, low pressure = 366kPa, oil pressure= 590kPa. There is roted water pressure drop on the evaporator. The actual pressure drop of the water is consistent with the catalog datas. Superheat around 10C, condensing temp. at the inlet = 10.3C, water temp. at the outlet= 9.6C, subcooling=4C, temp. of liquid refrigerant before expansion the valve= 35C. If I increase the subcooling through adding R22, the pressure of the oil will decrease, this immediately turns on the alarm "PRESSURE OIL", which is set on 180kPa. When the compressor is working with 50% of capacity then the oil pressure will increase slightly. The compressor was working with subcooling 4C and 7C, sometimes even higher. The more I increase the subcooling, the more the oil pressure is decreasing. What should I do to increase the oil pressure? I can see clearly that there is getting liquid refrigerant to the compressor's crankcase because there is foam in the oil and the oil is not clear. What should I do so that the oil pressure could be correct: it needs to be much higher than when the alarm operates? I dont think that the reason of the low oil pressure was wornout bearings in the oil crankcase. What should I do so that the liquid wouldnt get into the crankcase of the compressor?

thanks in advance
    Zbyszek

Have you done a pump down of the compressor to check the discharge valves? Leaky discharge valves cause back pressure into the crankcase which will affect the oil pressure differential and also cause oil foaming, as will worn piston rings

Zbyszek,

What brand of machine is this?
    You don't increase subcooling by adding refrigerant, only the expansion valve can do this.

Now, your running pressures seems normal but oil pressure is low.
    Some probable causes but not that easy to determine:
    - oil pump worn out
    - clogged oil filter inside the compressor.
    - I don't think that the superheat is the problem because this is high enough
    What surprises me a little bit is the low DT over the chiller, only 0.7°C which is really small.

I suggest you clean the oil filter and replace the oil in the sump, one probable cause will then already be eliminated.

Open if possible of course also once the oil pump and look if you see wearing patterns inside it. Make you have new gaskets before you open it.

If this doens't help anything I suggest you replace the oil pump.

Give us anyway once the brand of compressors.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_1 View Post

What brand of machine is this?
    You don't increase subcooling by adding refrigerant, only the expansion valve can do this.
    I always thought the TEV increases or decreases SH, not SC
    Zbyszek problem I think relates to oil dilution, but if foam is present in the oil then the SH is much lower than apparently measured.
    I would turn the TEV adjust screw to close maybe 3 or 4 turns, add some refrigerant and see if it helps.
    Last edited by NoNickName; 29-08-2006 at 07:17 AM.

Hi, thanks a lot guys, I will consider all you said. The situation has changed again (drasticly I would said), all three compressors stoped working, what now?

Zbyszek

Quote Originally Posted by NoNickName View Post
    I always thought the TEV increases or decreases SH, not SC :.
    Of course, I meant SH instead of Sc but it's good you correct this immediately.
    You were some time absent?
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Of course, I meant SH instead of Sc but it's good you correct this immediately.
    You were some time absent?
    Yes, on vacation in Morocco for three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNickName View Post
    Yes, on vacation in Morocco for three weeks.
    Must be nice!

Hi1

I have worked on a lot of chillers over the years, but can't offer any thoughts on this. We don't use kpa in Canada, so I am at a complete loss as to what you are talking about. Sorry!

NoNickName, tomorrow I have a meeting with the Italian engineers on-site with the suspicious B..B.. machine, condensing at 27 bar, you remember?
    Curious what they will say.

NoNickName, tomorrow I have a meeting with the Italian engineers on-site with the suspicious B..B.. machine, condensing at 27 bar, you remember?
    Curious what they will say.
    I am as well. Keep me informed.

Just back from the meeting.
    The technician arrived yesterday around 4PM and worked till 9:30 PM.
    Today a second meeting from 3PM till...?

He cancelled his flight back for this evening and will do some more test and measurements this evening.

The airflow should be at least 4.150 m³/h according to the specs and they measured 3.600 m³/h.
    Pressure drop was 180 Pa, I measured 150 Pa (with an electronic Testo meter and an inclining old fashioned but almost new pressure meter)

This was one of the reasons of the high condensing pressure.
    To me, this can only reduce overall capacity with 10 %.
    On the other hand, temperatures were really at their best to test the machine: outside 18°C and inside 21°C.

Compressor still condensing at the same high values.

He was thinking that a part of the coil wasn't helping in the heat transfer process. Perhaps wrongly soldered bends so that a part of the coil is short-circuited (something I already suggested in the past)
    I measured in the past some bends from different circuits and all seemed at the same temperature.
    I asked for a schematic of the coil so that I could follow how the circuits were routed through the coil but they refused to send it.

He only can make his conclusions after he has measured everything and compared these values to those they have measured in the factory.

Anyhow, NoNicName, you send me once a slection of the coil which you calculated fo 14 kW (+/-) but the machine is moret hen 20 kW rated.
    I re-calculated it with the Heatcraft software which gave me a coil of double size.

Anyhow, NoNicName, you send me once a slection of the coil which you calculated fo 14 kW (+/-) but the machine is moret hen 20 kW rated.
    I re-calculated it with the Heatcraft software which gave me a coil of double size.
    Somehow the engineer will cancel also his tomorrow flight back.
    Last edited by NoNickName; 31-08-2006 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Added few smilies.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter
    I asked for a schematic of the coil so that I could follow how the circuits were routed through the coil but they refused to send it.
    It has been my experience the manufacturers do not like to hand out their coil circuit diagrams Peter. Are the headers visible where you can draw them yourself?

In some way yes, but therefore I need to dismantle the casing for a part.
    I could see one side of the coil so if I could see the other side, I can draw it myself.

But I asked it also to see in how far they should help me, provide me the necesarry information and cooperate to solve the problem.

In my opinion, there can't be big factory secrets in a drawing with only the dimensions of a coil on it.

There was also no answer on the question why the suction header is coming out the coil facing upright instead of downward.

HI, thanks Frank, Iceman, Peter and XX. I didnt provide any further detailes because one day after I received your letters the machine got dead, so there was no point. Thank you very much , I really appreciate your concern.

Zbyszek

Hey Everyone, just saying hello.

Hi again, I actually sent message few days ago but it vanished, so I am going to say that again. I didnt provide any further detailes about the machine I had problem with, because shortly after I received your letters the machine was dead. Anyway, I would like to thank to all who were trying to help me. Frank, Peter, Iceman, XX, I really appreciate your involvment.

Zbyszek

well. now I see my previous letter, so you have got two of them. BTW, Hi Ben

Zbyszek

Hofmann Guest

Hi my names Dan Im a chippie from Newcastle Australia, interested in getting back into homebrew,looking for a cooing solution.Posted on first foray something or other. see you there. Thanks in advance.

greggg1@juno.co Guest

hello all, I`m new here so just checking in. I understand this is based in U.K. (nice) I`m a bloody yank (dont hold it aginst me) I do ride a Triumph Motorcycle though..
    I look forward to posting problems when they arise..

From a fellow Yank I might suggest you try a different screen name. Using your email address as a screen name will elicit many new emails from new found friends (otherwise known as spammers ).

They are worse than telemarketers, if that tells you anything.

BTW, Welcome to the RE site.
    If all else fails, ask for help.

Hi (all),
    To begin with let me say right up front "I'm a rookie"! Heating and ventilation are pretty much a mystery to me. I hope to learn a lot from this Web site. I can tell from cruising around there is a lot of talent available.
    My so called expertise would best be described as that which is associated with the electrical side of things.
    What brings me here is my own project. I'm in the middle of building a retrofit zone-control system to climatise? my home here in S. California.
    Orange County Calif. has a higher Humidity mostly due to nearby Ocean and the fact that the moisture has no place to go since we covered all the ground with pavement and buildings.
    I've resently (over a year) been studing the concept of using a water cooled "Marine Air" DX type installation. This consists of 16,000 BTU Condenser and two evaporators (not equal sized) which were originally sized to fit a small 45 foot boat.
    Add to this a Whole House De-humidifier (90 pints/day).
    Well that my introduction......more when I have less to think about. The project must continue!!!!
    ron_of_orange 7:50 PDT

steveo333 Guest

Hi all
    I am an electrician from new zealand and have some training on installing heat pumps I have all the gear
    have installed hundreds of them over the years
    but I am here to learn a lot more
    steve

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Hi Ron and Steve, welcome to the forum.
    Retired March 2015

What is the compressor make and model. We had exactly the similar problem with one of our units which has been installed for - 36 Deg. C Room temperature. The compressor was opened and it was found that the oil filter inside the compressor had chocked. The oil filter was cleaned, the oil pump was cleaned, the compressor was cleaned and fresh oil was charged. Now the oil pressure has come back to normal and plant is operating fine.

Hello everybody,
    my name is nando, i am from belgium
    i work about 27 years in the cooling,
    so, see and read you later

Eindelijk weer een Belg die ons vervoegt.
    A special welcome from me.
    May I ask, what city are you from? I'm from Zedelgem, (Zillegem for the locals).
    Last edited by Peter_1; 09-07-2007 at 07:38 AM.

Hey me too, from India, and into your club and am jus entering this day.

Am a Kid, and want to be guided by all of you.

Van Hasselt
    Aan uw kanten kom ik regelmatig bij de fruitboeren.
    Volgende maand zal het weer beginnen.
    Groetjes

Hey everyone.
    I came accross this forum by accident, and I'm blown away by it's size and membership number.
    I'm a fridgey from australia, currently stuck with domestic stuff.
    I did my apprenticeship 15 years ago, mainly on plant, AHUs and coolrooms.
    I've been working on the domestic stuff for four years with one mob, everybody else there quit during that time. So I'm stuck with a bunch of 'rubber balls' for workmates and dodgey made domestic **** I have to support for warranty and lie through my teeth about to customers. I got a laugh out of the "who would want to be a refrig engineer" at the top of the forums.
    I've pretty much forgotten everything about real refrigeration, all my work is burnt out PCBs and gas leaks now.
    It's not all bad though, this domestic stuff is piss easy, and a great way to start my own business and work for myself.
    Hopefully I can learn some of the stuff I've forgotten about the big stuff through this great forum.
    Last edited by paul_h; 10-07-2007 at 11:02 AM.

Hi Paul H and welcome.

Glad to see that you're working your way around the forum.
    Retired March 2015

Paul H, this was an introduction which 'our boss' will be very pleased to read.
    A warm welcome from Belgium and thank you for your nice words.

godgreat Guest

Hello everyone,
    I am a Refrigeration Engineer from Malta. Have been in the business since 1966, which is a long time. Still there is always something new to learn.
    Hope I will learn more and maybe pass some of my knowlege and experience to your members.

Hi,
    Top points for navigating this far, most don't from what I've seen in my short time here
    Enjoy your stay, I hope to learn things from experienced people such as yourself.
    I hope you have fun and maybe pick up a few things from the specialists here.

godgreat Guest

Thank you, I promise you I will do my best.

alfredo Bertiz Guest

hello, everybody

I am alfredo, sorry for late posting here because i,m busy with my projects, i am having problems with the air conditioning system right no. How can i solve condensation on my diffuser and ducting system

Welcome Alfredo but you posted you question in the introduction forum.

You have to avoid reaching the condensation level of the surrounding air. That's all.
    Samarjit, no..don't do it.

Hello Everybody.

i am new to this site.
    im shocked i've never seen it before.
    great place for people in our industry to talk and discuss many things.

i am becoming quite addicted!

Thanks for having me.

Youssef.

DRS_M03 Guest

Hello everybody,

I'm a newbie here, i'm from a far country, indonesia, in my country, people uses many refrigeration system with various setting... and now i'm busy to analyse and trying to mix refrigerant with other refrigerant to create a new one which have a new properties,

i think it's important to have a community like this, so we can discuss and share our problem and solve it together, so i join up. Hopefully I can learn something new that i don't know before through this forum.

thanks

Welcome to the forum DRS, good luck with your chemical recipes.
    Retired March 2015

mjbahan Guest

Im new here,
    Im Lookin for the introductions forum, But I could not find it.
    So I decide to write my first post here.

I'm looking for compressor oil "Maneurop oil 160P" and Tecumseh compressor 110V, 3/4 Hp
    Anyone knows where i can get.
    Thanks

Cool site, here in Finland we do not have so meny people so not so many ref types so dont have a forum. Great forum just by browsing i have learned a lot.

To both 2 new members, welcome in our forum.
    Share also your knowledge with us.

Hi all, just joined today & having a look around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast