Hi!

Less than one week ago I pusrchased an Airwell Florida (model) DC Inverter air condition system.
I haven't tested it yet on how it cools, 'cos the weather was actually cold for the past few days.

The guy, that installed the AC said, that the Remote Control I received with the unit (RC-4(RC) model) is not the proper one, since it lacks some functions (ION, STRONG (fan speed), left-right flap control).

The lack of ION and STRONG speed control doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the last of wind flaps, that control the flow of air left-right, since it mustn't be done by hand. Above mentioned Remote Control unit has under the cover 2 buttons to control flaps. The left one appears to control up-down flap and the right one appears to control left-right flap. However, the one, that appears to control the up-down flap, is AUTO-SWING, which swings it up and down without end until the button is pressed again. The other button, that looks like it controls left-right flaps is just swinging up-down flaps in short steps. For both buttons, only up-down flap picture appears on LCS of Remote Control.

That's why I received another model of Remote Control unit (RC-4(HL)). It has all other functions for extra STRONG fan speed, ION remote control and left-right flap control. When the left-right flap control button is pressed, the right picture is show on Remote Control's LCD. However, the Indoor Unit does not respond to it's commands.
Now, the Remote Control unit has at the back, above the batteries storage, 4 DIP SWITHES. So I went through all 16 variations of settings. Results are as follows (dip switch 1 is the most left one, 4 is the most right one):
- If dip switch 1 is set to 1, remote control lacks heating function. If set to 0 it has heating function.
- If dip switch 1 is set to 0 and dip switch 2 is set to 1, all functions work, but AC doesn't recognize the signal.
- If dip switch 1 is set to 0 and dip switch 2 is set to 0, AC unit recognizes the signal, but only basic functions are enabled on the remote control

For easier understanding:
Code:
DS1|DS2|DS3|DS4
------------------
0   0   X   X   BASIC RC functions, AC accepts
0   1   X   X   All RC functions, AC doesn't accept
1   0   X   X   BASIC RC functions without heating, AC accepts
1   1   X   X   All RC functions except heating, AC doesn't accept the signal
Doesn't accept signal means also, that the AC can't be turned on or be operated.

I also informed the company that installed the AC unit, that a new RC doesn't work as it should, but I'd like to hear your expert opinions as well.

Thank you in advance for helping me resolve this problem