Vacuum problems!!!!!

I’ve had a problem getting down to and keeping an acceptable vacuum, to the point that I have blanked the vac hose and evacuated just the hose (no manifold), and I am getting a vacuum degradation of a few mbar/min, so I did the same with the charging hose with similar results, so do I have a number of shot hoses or is there something else going on here? There is a lot of compressor oil in the hoses could this be off gassing? Once I pump down I run the pump for around 15-20min, is this enough to clear the volatiles (3/8” hose only)? Any input welcome.
    JAG

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Vacuum problems!!!!!

Hoses could be failing, end seals could be bad; pump connector threads leaking, Schraeder connector damaged.

Sounds more as though there is a problem at the pump end; check all access ports for well sealed threads, cracks, seals, etc.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

JAGw
    if you work for a company thats as **** as the one i work for, just go and buy a new pump and hoses, get a new reclaim unit while there and just for good measure why not get some quick couplers a torr gague etc etc

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by acgibo
    JAGw
    if you work for a company thats as **** as the one i work for, just go and buy a new pump and hoses, get a new reclaim unit while there and just for good measure why not get some quick couplers a torr gague etc etc
    Had a bad hair day fella ?
    Retired March 2015

...the vac pump and Vac adaptor tree caped off hold fine, add a hose, any hose and i get this degradation, i will try again tomorow when I ahve more time.
    Any one had this apparant off gassing of the residual oil?
    Hi vac oils are a not high temp compressor oils, or am I barking up the wrong tree? Or just barking!

JAGw

just a thought jagw

are you sure the adaptor is the correct size for the lines you are using? dont know much about engineering but i gather they measure things in silly tiny amounts, and it is possible that it has been engineered to a slightly different size.

like i say, just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by acgibo
    just a thought jagw

are you sure the adaptor is the correct size for the lines you are using? dont know much about engineering but i gather they measure things in silly tiny amounts, and it is possible that it has been engineered to a slightly different size.

like i say, just a thought
    ...all of the fittings are standard 45 deg and now sporting new gaskets! I have found a pin hole in my vac line that only shows at 15 bar, but could be the hose jacket venting. Its time for a new manifold.

Glad that you've found the problem.
    Retired March 2015