Hi guys.

I am about to go into my 3rd yr RAC apprenticeship. I have completed my second tafe block but have had very little, if no hands on experience with many of the core subjects.
Am I wrong in believing that this is something which must be done to complete my trade?
My employer seems to believe so.
I was under the impression that a legally binding training contract was just that. I have paid my own fees to undergo training just to have it forced down my throat that these skills are something which I do not need.

Should I just plod along happy to be a TA and be happy to pass my college training with very little of the hands on experience??

I did have plans of finnishing my trade and attempting uni to become an engineer.

There are very few if no companies in the region who are willing to take on an apprentice on 3rd yr wages who has no practical experience. Theory is no prob but I have become very dissoluioned by the whole process.

Is it worth the drama of fighting to be trained in the 4yr contact period, or should I be contented to work, earn a wage and feel confident that in 4 yrs I'll have a Trade cert.

Or should I get out now?

regards

dogma.