Threaded View

Re: Training Problem.

Stevo

You are damn right, we are talking a typical australian government department. I understand what you are saying, but you would still think that they wouldnt force 6months of theory down your throat in 7 weeks.

Somtimes it seems though that the ex tradies enjoy watching apprentices struggle, when a mistake is made in the workshop they will either say go away and think about it, or yell and scream at you. whats the point of sending someone away to think about, when they have attempted a task and have stuffed it up. They need guidance not told to pizz off.

By the time you reach week 4 you have forgotten the content in week 1 because you are madly trying to remember the disadvantages of a perimeter induction unit etc. for the next exam.

Do you see what i mean?

I think its good they take it to the depths they do, but i mean i dont want to be an engineer i want to be a mechanic, thats what i signed up to do. They teach us about pipe sizing, i understand its a handything to knowhow to do, but isnt that the designers or engineers job to work out? I just want to install the damn thing.

They now run the exams on computer as opposed to doing written exams. This is a further disadvantage for students especially when you get one lously question wrong and it doesnt come down to your knowledge of RAC. But down to your grammar skills.

I suppose i am just sick of working bloody hard to earn crapmoney. I want it over and done with, it feels likes it taking forever.

I am sorry if i annoying you talking about this, but no one else will listen.
    Last edited by MadApprentice; 09-08-2006 at 04:25 PM.