Thread: Daikin Analyzer

Daikin Analyzer

I bought a Daikin inverter analyzer a few weeks ago and today i was asked to check the inverter board but it wasnt a daikin unit it was a panasonic multi. I didnt use the inverter checker as i thought it was only meant for daikin, is this true or can i use the checker on other makes of A.C

Re: Daikin Analyzer

Certainly.

Thanks Frank

Hey hows it going. Have used a daikin analyzer for a couple of years and use it on any brand of invertor Heat pump. Remember all the analyser is is a mock up of the compressor. Don't get to caught up on the results as if it is an invertor problem all reputable companies replace the complete pcb. Have found it works best on mitsubishi . At the end of the day all you are doing is confirming is it a compressor problem (Locked rotor) - electical compressor problems always solved with meggar etc. or is it a power supply problem.

Yes you can use it on other brand inverters. Our fuji rep told me any tester (like the edc or daikin one) is good for testing fujis.

all these inverter analysers can be used on any inverter system, all they are is 6 leds and 6 resistors, each led corresponds to a transitor in the inverter module. if all the lights flash the inverter pcb is good. If any leds wont light the board is brocken.
    we at LG offer a similar one to daikin and the others its identical to the edc version they make ours for us, but ours is free if you come on a training course. see here for details http://www.mylg.co.uk/training.html

regards

hendrag

s-max Guest

dear frank .... where can i buy a Daikin analayser and see the specifications

regards

Now this is interesting, I'm impressed.
    A thread started over 2 years ago, with regular contributions running seamlessly...

S-max,
    Your local Daikin importer/supplier should be able to get hold of it for you. I don't know about in Greece but here in UK there are nowadays other inverter checkers on the market, equally as good as Daikin's. Your local wholesaler should be able to advice you.

s-max Guest

Dear Viking thanks for your reply.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by s-max View Post
    dear frank .... where can i buy a Daikin analayser and see the specifications

regards
    You may also be able to get the checker from here...

http://www.edcinternational.co.uk/ma...=news_inverter
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Just a point to note about the inverter checkers no matter whos they are.
    They will work correctly for MOST inverters from all manufacturers but not for the newer inverters that are adjusting the pulse width as well as the frequency!
    Basically each LED is showing the output on the frequency 3 for the positive half of the curve (1 each per phase) and 3 for the negative.
    With the newer systems using also pulse width modulation you will tend to only see only three of the LEDs lighting. This does NOT mean the inverter pcb is F*cked.
    I know this is the case with the newer Mitsi Heavy and Toshiba units but I can't tell about others.

The Inverter checker also is useful in another way.
    If you want to check the system for a controls fault that may result in the compressor being swiched rapidly you would usually just disconnect the compressor however most inverters include a current check circuit so you will just end up with a different alarm. Fit the inverter checker and current is sill flowing so allowing the system to runn longer and giving you time to fault find without burning up the compressor
    Brit