Daikin FXMQ Field Setting

I have an older VRV II-S system RXYMQ-M. There were four ducted FXSQ-M units connected and recently I replaced one air handler due to coil failure. The new air handler is FXMQ-TB. With this upgrade I added Nav controller BRC1E73. Now I have two Nav BRC1E71 controllers (one controls two FXSQ air handlers the other controls one FXSQ) and one 1E73 unit that controls the new FXMQ.

I’m looking for the fan off field setting when thermo is off for the new FXMQ air handler. I have it set properly in heat mode (22-3-3) and I thought the correct off fan setting in cooling was 22-6-3, but the fan does not go off. Any help on this is appreciated.

Re: Daikin FXMQ Field Setting

Have you got the Daikin app?
    On there it says to use with 20-2-3 (temp sensor in remote used).
    I'm sure though I came across it on a VRVII that there was no option for fan off in heating, just LL. That was a long time ago mind before smartphones, think I found the info in the big service manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayters View Post
    Have you got the Daikin app?
    On there it says to use with 20-2-3 (temp sensor in remote used).
    I'm sure though I came across it on a VRVII that there was no option for fan off in heating, just LL. That was a long time ago mind before smartphones, think I found the info in the big service manual.
    Thank you for your response but I'm a little confused with your suggestion. I'm looking for fan off setting not which temp sensor to use for space temp control. Is there some crossover of the temp sensor setting and the fan off setting?

On the app it says to use the fan off setting you need to use the remote sensor too. Makes sense as with no fan you'd get an incorrect indication of air temperature at the unit.
    Does that mean you need both for it to hold fan off or is it just a suggestion - I'm not sure. You might even find as I did, for certain models fan off isn't available.

On the app it says to use the fan off setting you need to use the remote sensor too. Makes sense as with no fan you'd get an incorrect indication of air temperature at the unit.
    Does that mean you need both for it to hold fan off or is it just a suggestion - I'm not sure. You might even find as I did, for certain models fan off isn't available.
    I see now what you are suggesting. The issue with using the remote controller temp sensor is that the controller is not located in the conditiond space. All the remote controllers are located together in a utility closest - not in the resepctive space that is conditioned. Remote wired temp sensors are located in the respective space to monitor the air temp.

As a test I can switch to the remote controller temp sensor to see if that works, but I can't leave it that way due to the temp difference in that closet as compared to the conditioned space.

This reminds me of the old secret mode 50 settings I had to use to get the fan off with the old FXSQ-M units.

To test it, I switched the temp sensor to the one in the remote controller and the fan still ran in cool mode. Is there some other setting that could cause the fan to run when it is coded as 22-6-3 (Fan Off, Thermo Off, Cool Mode)?