SCOOBYCOOL Guest

Smile How Many Jobs A Day? & What Kind Of Work?

Hello, this is my first post on here
    I've been looking on here for the last few nights.
    I was just wondering how many jobs you guys do in an average day?
    I myself average between 6 to 10 a day. We mostly work on cabinet refrigeration i.e Multi-Deck chillers, Williams/ Foster/Gram commercial fridges. Whirpool/scotsman/Hoshizaki Ice machines.

Is this similar to most of you folks?

Re: How Many Jobs A Day? & What Kind Of Work?

Well on a nice relaxed day like today, I started early to arrive at a restaurant to build a cam locked coldroom: 3m x 2m x 2m. Then while doing this sorted out a iced up chiller in the kitchen. Then met a delivery of a 3m dispaly counter which needed dismantling before getting through the door, then putting back together. Next condensing unit change on a cellar cooling. Then, a service call on a club bottle cooler, only condenser clean out. And then finally back to work shop at 7.30pm to get a 1.5 hp unit installed in a steel housing ready for installing tommorrow. This was an easy day. Average calls are different daily. but i do work 7.30am till at least 9pm in summer.
    :eek:

Blog Entries

Usually just one a day...

Sometimes two, on rare occasions three,
    on days where the last friday in february falls on the 24th, all the planets line up and the day before had a solar eclipse... maybe four...

Things tend to take some time in industrial... even the smallest task could take you hours... and of course there are the jobs where it's just a fuse, and the on site engineer tells you to change the pressostat anyways, cause "the pressostat has been acting up from time to time" and having called you out 9 o'clock at night to flick a switch just doesnt sound right
    -Cheers-

Tycho

SCOOBYCOOL Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jus Walker
    Well on a nice relaxed day like today, I started early to arrive at a restaurant to build a cam locked coldroom: 3m x 2m x 2m. Then while doing this sorted out a iced up chiller in the kitchen. Then met a delivery of a 3m dispaly counter which needed dismantling before getting through the door, then putting back together. Next condensing unit change on a cellar cooling. Then, a service call on a club bottle cooler, only condenser clean out. And then finally back to work shop at 7.30pm to get a 1.5 hp unit installed in a steel housing ready for installing tommorrow. This was an easy day. Average calls are different daily. but i do work 7.30am till at least 9pm in summer.
    Do you work for a fairly small company?

Yes, why do you ask
    :eek: