Fridge to cold after starting relay replacement

Hello Forum

Following on from my previous post

My old Hotpoint fridge 8221 has a burnt Starting Relay and packed up.
    I looked online and appears ePTC 103N0050 is recommend for this model and was able to source.

I fittted the 103N0050 Monday, the fridge started up immediately.

However the fridge is to cold and freezing food and does not appear stop running the compressor ever.

Compressor does not appear to stop even with the
    air circulation flaps closed,
    thermostat on 1 and even tried pressing defrost button on the thermostat and turning to 0.

I was thinking I next need to check the thermosat/replace if want try fixing?
    So a universal thermostat?

Other possible consideration the Fridge is in unheated property near London.
    Door seals

Thank you
    Iain

Re: Fridge to cold after starting relay replacement

Looking at the user manual, it looks like the thermostat controls the frozen food compartment. And fridge temp is manually controlled by the flaps.

Is the frozen compartment temp actually getting low enough to be able to activate the thermostat?

I didnt see a wiring diagram, so maybe you need to do a bit of searching or just follow the wires and see how its all connected up. A bit of electrical testing should tell you whats not working properly.

If it is the thermostat, I would be thinking youd need one for freezer temps. Youd need to look at the existing one and make a judgment on size, mounting of the switch, mounting of the bulb/phial, length of capillary, ect...

Or you might be able to use a basic electronic temperature controller with wired probe. But the electronics might need to be fitted exturnally, and some additional wiring.

Sorry, probably not very helpful. Maybe someone else is familiar with the fridge you have.
    Last edited by seanf; 08-03-2024 at 07:39 PM.
    Interested to hear about opportunities to learn - linkedin.com/in/s34nf