Filter Dryer question

Replaced the compressor on my Imbera soda fridge and am also going to replace the filter dryer. The one on their currently is not the same as the one that looks OEM but i dont care about that right now as i purchased the OEM one to be replaced. Fridge was purchased 2nd hand and have had it running fine for 7 years now.
    Anyways... The filter dryer currently on there has 2 input ports and 1 output to the evaporator. Of the 2 inputs, one is coming from the condenser and the other inlet has a copper pipe that goes nowhere and is just pinched at the end. I assume its for a valve that was probably eliminated when it was replaced by the people i purchased the fridge from (assuming that's what was supposed to be there).
    So i ordered the new OEM filter dryer and want to duplicate the current connections. My question is, does it matter which inlet on the filter/drier is being used from the coil or does the coil have to be in one of the specific inlet tubes? Thanks.
    filter.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Filter Dryer question

No.

They are the same inlet and they are used for the evacuation and charging process in the factory.
    They are also use for connecting a gauge line to in the event of needing to carry out a repair.

Just blank off one and the other like you said comes from the condenser outlet.

Regards
    Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Re: Filter Dryer question

Quote Originally Posted by Rob White View Post

No.

They are the same inlet and they are used for the evacuation and charging process in the factory.
    They are also use for connecting a gauge line to in the event of needing to carry out a repair.

Just blank off one and the other like you said comes from the condenser outlet.

Regards
    Rob

Thanks for the reply. That being the case... I'm going to use the one that's tapered as the inlet from the coil and place a copper tube on the other one then cap it. Appreciate your help.