Daikin Multi - Old system

Hi all, new to the forum (this or any) Got here searching the web and, actaully, the only result on google realetd to the air con pointed me here! hope to get some help (wont be able to contribute much since i dont know muchh about the subject!).

My setup is "similar" to below thread, but i have:

One outside DAIKIN MULTI unit, model MY 90 BY1 and 5 indoor units FTY 223 AV1

https://www.refrigeration-engineer.c...em-help-please!

I dont have any user manual/install manual nor i can find them online. Seems these procucts went "offline"! i cant even tell if this system refrigerant is R22 (the plate model doenst inform on that)

All units turn on and heat ok.

one of the units doesnt reply yto the remote. But if i press (with a Pen) a small pinned type button on the unit, it works. What can be causing the issue of not working (the remote works ok on the other units)?

I also cant seem to find a way to open the cover to clean the fan, after so many years it makes a lot of noise on high speeds (probably debris there)

Well, hope someone can assist/help this lurker here!!the house belonged to my father who recently passed away, being why i dont have any ohter info on it but am sure he did request yearly maintennace up until his death.

many thanks and appologies for my non-native english!
    Last edited by frosasanto; 20-11-2023 at 01:31 PM.

Re: Daikin Multi - Old system

I'm assuming that you have the standard hand held infra red remote controller?

There is an option to change the frequency on these. With many indoor units in adjoining rooms, it was possible for 1 controller to affect another room. My guess is that you have 1 indoor unit on a different frequency. There is a 'jumper' on the indoor unit that you cut to alter frequency.

Try one of the other remotes and see if that works on that indoor unit.

Hi Frank,

thanks for the reply.

All 5 remotes work on all other units. None of them seems to turn this unit on.

Can you let me know where the "jumpeR" might be? i could post a picture of the unit if you think it may help, regardless i cant even open the unit(dont know how but will check it later on today)

thanks again!

It's been quite a while since I worked on the old R22 multi system.
    On the indoor pcb, I think the jumper is referenced J13. If you see this cut, the frequency has been altered.
    Failing that, you may have an issue with the indoor ir receiver module.
    I'll have a look and see if I've got an old manual for the multi

On the outdoor pcb there is a small rotary selector switch. Make sure that this is set to number 5.
    Don't adjust it with the power on.
    Last edited by frank; 20-11-2023 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Additional info

I’m searching for “old” original documents. If I find them I will share. Certainly many others probably still have these machines!!
    I’ll look into what you suggest today. Again, thank. If you find your old guides please share!

Quote Originally Posted by frosasanto View Post
    I’m searching for “old” original documents. If I find them I will share. Certainly many others probably still have these machines!!
    I’ll look into what you suggest today. Again, thank. If you find your old guides please share!
    Well, couldnt find anything.
    had some maintnance guys comming in, cleaning all 5 devices and figuring out the issue on this one and they say its IR sensor problem, despite no tests being done. They tried to remove IR sensor to replace with another from another machine but the sensor seems to be soldiered to the pcb or the plug that exists doesnt release easily, and since its a 30 year old equipment they didnt want to force it to avoid breaking and instead of a AC without remote, i'd have no AC at all! seems dumb to rpelace full AC system because of this one sensor.

Havent messed with outdor unit since it has never been messed with!

if you have any inputs or tries i could do let me know.

thanks a lot!

You don't need the manual but a second hand IR-receiver from an old airco,
    The manuals will not make you any wiser in this.
    Why not interchange once the IR PCB once indoor units
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.