Thread: Gram hc 8075

Question Gram hc 8075

Hi

Anybody have any documents on the GRAM HC series?
    Have a Gram HC 8075 from 1995 running a Svalbard icemachine, where the compressor loses oil pressure when i start the icemachine cycle. Starts at 2-2,5 bars, but drops to 0,5-1 bar after a couple of cycles.

Have no documents on icemachine either if anybody has that, Svalbard D16-R22

Has been overhauled, but has been sitting for approximately 2 years now. Uncertain if overhaul was done correctly/thouroughly.

Re: Gram hc 8075

Hi Simon. I have sent you various manuals / files which hopefully will be of use. (Via your email) They are for the Gram compressor.
    Normally dramatic Oil pressure drop indicates excessive wear, concerning the Rings / bores, Main bearings etc.
    You might be lucky and its something like an oil relief valve issue?
    Your point about the overhaul makes sense, Maybe a drop down test would be a start. Whats the Head pressure doing as you load up the System?
    Lots of questions not so many answers as yet.
    There are some really knowledgeable Guys on the forum from your part of the world. I suspect they may be able to help.
    Good Luck Grizzly
    Despite the High Cost of Living it still remains Popular!

Thank you for the manuals Grizzly, seems like a perfect fit at first glance.

The company that overhauled this kind of left in the middle of the job. Alot of parts they said were installed are still lying around...
    Head pressure is stable if i read the gauges correctly. Can't hook up my gauges as i dont have right connections. HP gauge needle has broken off aswell
    Need to start with the basics, but as i am waiting for my coworker to come with some tools i thought i could try to find some reading material

Thanks again Grizzly, will probably write here if i get stuck.

Mvh Simon

Blog Entries

if the connecting rod bearings are worn out, the oil pressure will steadily drop as the oil gets warmer.

there is an oil overflow valve on the shaft seal cover, have you tried adjusting it to see if it will maintain pressure?

you can see it here on page 19 https://www.scribd.com/document/5719...ors-Parts-List
    -Cheers-

Tycho