Hello I’m due to change a faulty/ broken central controller that another engineer called up now I’ve done lots of fault finding and repairs on daikins but I hate there central controls and they’re not user friendly as opposed to a Mitsubishi electric.

Now there will be a few different vrv systems on the central control serving different indoors. If I remember correctly the local controls would of been used to set group address eg if one local control was linked to 3 units them 3 would have 1 group address for that control? And a single unit on one local control would have a group address set by that control and so on to allow central control to see it.

Now if I swap the central control will it lose all its settings completely like the indoor group addresses as I’m guessing I’m going to lose where the original may have have area/ zone setup eg lab1, room 205 and so on but if the local controls keep the group address I can make a list of areas and sort the zones out but if they don’t I’m going to have to go and manually redo all group addressing for local controls?