Daikin vrv central control replacement

Hello I’m due to change a faulty/ broken central controller that another engineer called up now I’ve done lots of fault finding and repairs on daikins but I hate there central controls and they’re not user friendly as opposed to a Mitsubishi electric.

Now there will be a few different vrv systems on the central control serving different indoors. If I remember correctly the local controls would of been used to set group address eg if one local control was linked to 3 units them 3 would have 1 group address for that control? And a single unit on one local control would have a group address set by that control and so on to allow central control to see it.

Now if I swap the central control will it lose all its settings completely like the indoor group addresses as I’m guessing I’m going to lose where the original may have have area/ zone setup eg lab1, room 205 and so on but if the local controls keep the group address I can make a list of areas and sort the zones out but if they don’t I’m going to have to go and manually redo all group addressing for local controls?

Re: Daikin vrv central control replacement

Group addresses are set on the indoor fancoils so you shouldn't lose them.
    You will need to set up the groups and schedules though.
    Also need the initial password from daikin