What Van do you have?

As the title says, what van do you use for work?

Currently I have a Mercedes Vito 119 elwb, with a nominal payload of 1200kg and a 3.1m load length on the floor (pipe can go under the bulkhead area).

Mercedes in their wisdom no longer make the 1200kg version, their current offering has a 880kg payload once various options have been added which is a bit light for what I carry.

Currently looking at Merc Sprinter in L2H1 format but quite expensive at between 48k and 56k depending on engine and FWD/RWD options.

What do you guys run? What weight to you carry? Checked mine on the weighbridge and its within 60kg of MGVW....

Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Re: What Van do you have?

Horrible seats in the Sprinters / VW Crafters.

Back in the day, before retirement had Berlingo, Astra van, Mercedes Vito (all the fleet ended up in crashes due to poor brake design), VW T5 and lastly Vauxhall Vivaro. Never had a recent Transit, only the crap ones late eighties

Quote Originally Posted by seanf View Post
    Horrible seats in the Sprinters / VW Crafters.
    Hi Seanf,

Yeah, I specified them with the comfort seat which has more adjustment and also the adjustable steering column which the basic spec ones don't get. I'd have another Vito if they still did the 3200kg one.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Back in the day, before retirement had Berlingo, Astra van, Mercedes Vito (all the fleet ended up in crashes due to poor brake design), VW T5 and lastly Vauxhall Vivaro. Never had a recent Transit, only the crap ones late eighties
    Yeah, thinking back I started with a Mitsubishi L300, VW T4 Transporter, Renault Master Mk2 (think this was the best van I've had), Renault Kangoo, Nissan Primastar, Merc Vito, Merc Vito and finally a Fiat Doblo!