Question Swapping R290 compressor to R404a compressor

I have to replace R290 compressor because rattling sound inside compressor. But I couldn't find any replacement compressor in my area at all. The spec is as follows.
    Appliance : Turbo-air sandwich prep table, JBT-72-N
    compressor: Cubigel, NUG90LR with POE

I am going to replace with R404a compressor : Embraco NEK6210GK.
    My question are:
    1. If I replace the compressor and charge with R404a, the condenser capacity will be enough for R404a refrigerant?
    2. If I replace only with R404a compressor, and charge with R290 refrigerants , is it Ok?

Re: Swapping R290 compressor to R404a compressor

I'll start by warning you I'm in Southern Africa so we don't play by the same rules they might be bound by in Europe/US etc. In the past I've replaced a R290 compressor on a commercial glass door display cooler with a 404A compressor because the R290 type wasn't available. Under the guidance of a guy at the local supplier I used a compressor of same cc displacement and put 404A into the system after the compressor change. This was about 5 years ago and the fridge is still running fine today. I'm not sure about using R290 on a 404A compressor there may be oil problems...

Re: Swapping R290 compressor to R404a compressor

Quote Originally Posted by Frikkie View Post
    I'll start by warning you I'm in Southern Africa so we don't play by the same rules they might be bound by in Europe/US etc. In the past I've replaced a R290 compressor on a commercial glass door display cooler with a 404A compressor because the R290 type wasn't available. Under the guidance of a guy at the local supplier I used a compressor of same cc displacement and put 404A into the system after the compressor change. This was about 5 years ago and the fridge is still running fine today. I'm not sure about using R290 on a 404A compressor there may be oil problems...
    I realize this is a bit late, but here are the results. I have swapped with 404a compressor and put in R404a. It is working very good. Thanks for your reply.