Daikin VRV2 H8P multi light flashing?

We have a Daikin system which is not cooling and only working on fan. The controllers are stuck in a U4 error- malfunction of transmission between indoor and outdoor unit.
    The unit has been off for 4+ years and when turned back on it’s stuck with this error. I’ve traced and confirmed the wiring to each unit, a ground floor unit previously had a controller attached but it’s been disconnected and bare wires left. I connected the unit to another ground floor unit and it works but with the fan only and no cooling. The problem I’m having is this U4 error and the outdoor PCB stuck with this H8P multi light flashing and I’m unable to do a reset to try and reset the addresses of the indoor units.
    Does anyone know what this H8P multi means as I can’t seem to find it in the documentation and it seems to be preventing me doing a reset of the system?

Re: Daikin VRV2 H8P multi light flashing?

Is it VRV or splits? Are indoor unit models correct for the outdoor installed? Could be a board failure on outdoor, mismatched indoor/outdoor.
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacKnows View Post
    We have a Daikin system which is not cooling and only working on fan. The controllers are stuck in a U4 error- malfunction of transmission between indoor and outdoor unit.
    The unit has been off for 4+ years and when turned back on it’s stuck with this error. I’ve traced and confirmed the wiring to each unit, a ground floor unit previously had a controller attached but it’s been disconnected and bare wires left. I connected the unit to another ground floor unit and it works but with the fan only and no cooling. The problem I’m having is this U4 error and the outdoor PCB stuck with this H8P multi light flashing and I’m unable to do a reset to try and reset the addresses of the indoor units.
    Does anyone know what this H8P multi means as I can’t seem to find it in the documentation and it seems to be preventing me doing a reset of the system?
    H8P is telling you that it is the 'Master'

H2P is the 'Normal' mode indication, and H1P flashing with a steady H2P tells you that there is a current fault/error

This may help

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/17...age=145#manual

No H3P is normal operation
    H2P FLASHING 3 SOLID IS INITIALISING
    H2P AND H3P SOLID IS IN FAULT