Thread: likely costs

likely costs

Hi all
    I know this is a how long is a piece of string type of questionn but lets try:
    I'm designing a crop dryer that will utilise air at 30c (above this germination of seeds is compromised ,so air cooled and driedwith the heat returned to the air flow will achieve the object more efficiently and I hope more economically than burning hydrocarbons. Hence my question is I need some idea of cost of a 40kw systemn and will the cost per kw decrease with a larger or smaller system. I could approach manufacturers but they will want details of airflows etc which I am unable to give them at this time

Hope you can help with the likey range of costs

Re: likely costs

I've been out of the game too long for pricing but it might help others to know what you're asking a price on???

You looking at just cooling load of 40kw? you looking at something that'll give really high latent cooling? You driving the air yourself (for evaporator), do you really want DX or should you consider Desiccant?

the more info you give the more likely someone can help

Fingers crossed that you get the help you need Madfarmer

Thanks for suggestion
    Since the system is to be fully heat recoverd I'm thinking that the 40kw refers only to compressor, the airflow will be provided separately. So it will be basically a medium / large airsource heat pump.
    I realise there's going to be a large possible range to any answers I just need an idea wether
    The idea is going to be financially viable or am I just wasting by time on a wild goose chase
    I hope this helps

Sounds like a Ravnsborg dry air generator, not sure if they are still made new, sounds like a fun project!
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

If this as I believe it to be: you are looking for a air source heat pump that would provide heat as refrigerant flow to a custom condenser-air recirc arrangement on opposite sides of a wall...? For pricing purposes I would say a swimming pool heat pump, air sourced has a couple of extra pieces and operates at somewhat the same temperature ranges. SPRSUN is relatively local to you...but there are distributors on the web listing prices for a 40 Kw swimming pool heater around $4500 USD