Advice needed by non HVAC business

Hi

Ive just purchased a lockup for my courier company and found inside about 20 9kg empty refrigerant cylinders and a 25kg R408A , 10kg R408A & 10 kg R409A that are full.

Whats the best way to find a company that would take the empty cylinders and is there any value to the R408/9?

thanlks

Re: Advice needed by non HVAC business

The empty cylinders might have a label on them showing where they came from. Like Climalife or BOC or one of the wholesalers, they might take them back.

The R408A and R409A cylinders, to sell them I'm sure you need to be certified or registered to legally do that. And people would need to be sure thats whats actually in the cylinder, it could have anything in there, contaminated or mixed refrigerant ect... in that case it would have very little or no value.
    R408/9 may have even been band from use in the UK.
    Last edited by seanf; 06-05-2023 at 04:11 PM.
    Interested to hear about opportunities to learn - linkedin.com/in/s34nf

Re: Advice needed by non HVAC business

Quote Originally Posted by jamestheca View Post
    Hi

Ive just purchased a lockup for my courier company and found inside about 20 9kg empty refrigerant cylinders and a 25kg R408A , 10kg R408A & 10 kg R409A that are full.

Whats the best way to find a company that would take the empty cylinders and is there any value to the R408/9?

thanlks
    R408A is a HCFC zeotropic blend of refrigerant. Its use is banned in the UK and EU. It can be replaced by R448A or R449A.

They will have been left because there is a cost to deal with them. You can't just sell them, you would need a licence. I would suggest you contact your local refrigeration wholesaler and ask them to take them off you.

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..