Thread: A/C confused?

Question A/C confused?

Ok This questin in a split type air conditioner 2 tons :As I know in these types the metering device location will
    be either in the outdoor unit or just before the evaporator which is in the indoor unit , for the first case
    both of the suction line and liquid line will be cool since the metering device located at the end of the condenser ,but for the second case the liquid line will be warm and the suction line will be cool untill now its clear,but while I am charging (in some cases)and at the begining of the process the liquid line start to cool gradually then when I am about to finish it turned to warm and stay warm after finishing

Re: A/C confused?

What make and model of air conditioner is it??
    100% is possible 100% of the time

Nothing wrong with the symptums and your experience during charging.

But "(in some cases)" is not clear.

spacify a perticular case tou experienced.

Even, it may be due to partial chock in the liquid line which may be because of braizing metal poured inside the liquid pipe during braizing. You may replace/ repair the liquid line. Problem get resolved.

The type is Power and it assembled in Egypt and I noticed this in this brand many times.Also the liquid line and the suction line are connected in the indoor and outdoor units without brazing nor soldering.By the way the air conditioners are working normaly for years I just dont understand how does the change in the liquid line could happen from cool temp. to warm temp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed Qasim
    Ok This questin in a split type air conditioner 2 tons :As I know in these types the metering device location will
    be either in the outdoor unit or just before the evaporator which is in the indoor unit , for the first case
    both of the suction line and liquid line will be cool since the metering device located at the end of the condenser ,but for the second case the liquid line will be warm and the suction line will be cool untill now its clear,but while I am charging (in some cases)and at the begining of the process the liquid line start to cool gradually then when I am about to finish it turned to warm and stay warm after finishing
    I think it is just due to the system pressure. When you start charging refrigerant, pressure (liquid) will be low and hence you will not feel the "warmness". But as sufficient quantity of refrigerant enters the system and pressure builds up close what it should be, you will feel the "heat"of the pipe.