Thread: MYCOM's manual

Hybrid View

MYCOM's manual

I need a MYCOM's manual, because i have to select an oil for an ammonia system, and want to see what is the MYCOM'S recomendations.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: MYCOM's manual

Have you tried contacting Mycom direct through their website -
    http://www.mycomus.com
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi, ingherrera

Quote Originally Posted by ingherrera
    I need a MYCOM's manual, because i have to select an oil for an ammonia system, and want to see what is the MYCOM'S recomendations.
    See if this is ok for you

Best regards,

Josip
    Attached Files Attached Files

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Ridiculous time schedule.

Hi, NoNickName

Quote Originally Posted by NoNickName
    Ridiculous time schedule.
    Why you think so?

Best regards,

Josip

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

1000 hours check the oil
    10000 hours major overhaul

In one year, a plant working 24/7 adds up 8700 hours.
    I can't possibly tell any customer that the compressor he/she bought has to be rebuilt while warranty is still pending.

1000 hours check the oil
    10000 hours major overhaul

In one year, a plant working 24/7 adds up 8700 hours.
    I can't possibly tell any customer that the compressor he/she bought has to be rebuilt while warranty is still pending.
    Hi Nick

service intervals given here are common to all manufacturers

Most compressors that are worked hard run 5000 to 6000 hours a year

What this equates to is a top end inspsection every year (valves checked) these may be replaced or allowed to run another year dependant on wear and hours run. The next year the piston rings and valve plate will usually be changed and the third year the bearings will be replaced.

You can let them run until something smashes, but that is not preventative maintenance, anyone can change the oil and let it run

You may get 30000 hours out of a set of main bearings, but all you are doing is shortening the life of the compressor shaft, which is the most expensive part.

These are high tolerance high effeciency compressors, unlike the commercial semi compressors, which sacrifice the effeciency for longevity

A semi will run for years at high speed on the original bearings, but the energy consumed would be much much greater than any industrial compressor, the chaep compressor is the high tolerance high effeciency compressor that has to be maintained on a on going basis, the real enviromentally friendly option

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Hi Nick

service intervals given here are common to all manufacturers
    No, they are not. Bitzer do not want the oil to be replaced EVER on the screw semis range.

Most compressors that are worked hard run 5000 to 6000 hours a year
    And?
    We've got scrolls from copeland running 8000 a year in CCUs.

What this equates to is a top end inspsection every year (valves checked) these may be replaced or allowed to run another year dependant on wear and hours run.
    And this is a nonsense. Please let me know a single industrial plant who can accept an offline of one day for programmed preventive maintenance of the cooling system. Not in the UK. I've got a number of plants with our chillers and the customer would not stop them even for replacing a single contactor.

The next year the piston rings and valve plate will usually be changed and the third year the bearings will be replaced.
    Nonsense in a teapot. It takes less time to replace a compressor than overhaul it.

These are high tolerance high effeciency compressors, unlike the commercial semi compressors, which sacrifice the effeciency for longevity
    Yeah, sure. At least this is the spam what they tend to feed us with.

Hi,

No, they are not. Bitzer do not want the oil to be replaced EVER on the screw semis range.
    Maybe on ***** plants, but with ammonia we have to change oil filters every 3 months and oil each year(Bitzer screw). That plant is new one (2 years old) installed to liquify CO2 in one brewery.

And?
    For how many years?

And this is a nonsense. Please let me know a single industrial plant who can accept an offline of one day for programmed preventive maintenance of the cooling system. Not in the UK. I've got a number of plants with our chillers and the customer would not stop them even for replacing a single contactor.
    Until is broken, what then?

Nonsense in a teapot. It takes less time to replace a compressor than overhaul it.
    What about compressors with input power on shaft of 200-355 kW?

Industrial compressors are running 20-30 or more years with proper maintenance. I am living witness

Many years ago I have been told (by people from Stal-Astra Sweden) you can build only two types of refrigeration plants:

1. Cheap plant without maintenance usually with short life - expensive

2. Expensive plant with maintenance to assure long life - cheap

Hope other guys will come with comments too

Best regards,

Josip

And?

Proper industrial users have standby plant just for maintenance, they can't afford not to have

Mycom are now using a hitachi scroll with aluminum windings on Ammonia, we will see how this goes

Nonsense in a teapot
    try replacing a 8WB Mycom in the time it takes to do an overhaul, well you probably could but it would take a crane to do so, bit of a nonsense really

You have hit the nail on the head, this short service interval is whay recips died out for a few years. The reason they are now popular is the screws have poor part load effeciencies

When you take into account the seasonal EER the recip wins hands down.

We sell a range of packaged chillers, but we also seel ammonia chillers with water cooled condensers and flooded chillers, for people who care how much electric they are using and what effect this has on the enviroment

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

Proper industrial users have standby plant just for maintenance, they can't afford not to have
    At least they should have one backup. Ordinary reality is much sadder than that.

try replacing a 8WB Mycom in the time it takes to do an overhaul, well you probably could but it would take a crane to do so, bit of a nonsense really
    It all depends on proper chiller design. For our air cooled and water cooled, compressors are replaced and restarted in less than 6 hours.
    Overhauling (on-site or off-site) is a matter of days.

You have hit the nail on the head, this short service interval is whay recips died out for a few years. The reason they are now popular is the screws have poor part load effeciencies
    Well, you may be well right, BUT! ST microelectronics in Milan runs a plant with a total overall power consumption of over 100MW. Would you reckon what difference few dozens kWh per year makes?

When you take into account the seasonal EER the recip wins hands down.
    Definitely.

thank you. In the PDF file, there is a PETRO CANADA oil, i have a tech data a it seems to work ulntil 15000 hr

pbathe Guest

i want to use screw compressor instead of recip. i want to know -ve of screw compressors vs recip compressor OR benefits