Thread: Drain failures

Drain failures

Hi all, I have to go to a job tomorrow that has had endless problems with units going into drain pump fault. The indoors a mitsi PEFY-P25VMA-E. Theres around 140 indoors. They have only been installed for 3 years. From what I can see we took over service 2 years ago and have been back multiple times to fix. The techs are reporting slime build up in trays and around pumps. The drains pump up and run 3 to 4 meters to a tundish. No drains are connected. Anyone had this problem before?

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Drain failures

Sounds like a contaminated atmosphere to me but it depends, what sort of building is it, shop, office, factory, closed or open entrance doors, ambient environment?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

I would check the design spec for the pump.
    Some will only pump to about a metre and few will pump above 2mtr.
    At 4mtrs there might be too much lift for the pump to overcome and that might be an issue?

I have looked at a manual for that unit and I'm sure it should be no more than 700 mm high.

Look at the manual and installation spec for the unit.

Rob

.Edit, just looked at the installation manual and it says no more than 550 mm high and 300 mm to first bend.
    It would seem you have too much height above the unit to the tundish.

Rob

Last edited by Rob White; 09-05-2022 at 03:36 PM.
    .. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Its in a nursing home. Had a look today and the drain lifts were very high. The one i looked at was about 600mm from base of unit. Also the units are ceiling return and looks like a residue of building dust getting into units so possibly combination of both things. Will give them a quote to put decent filters on them and change drains on 6 of the units that a causing the most issues and see if it improves. The problem with the mitsi`s is that if one unit faults it takes out all units on that outdoor. Thanks for your replies.

This type of issue is due to moisture trying to keep the electronic device dry and clean. I have looked at a manual for that unit and I'm sure it should be no more than 700 mm high. Look at the manual and installation spec for the unit. I have installed the same unit for my fishing lures and I got this from a mobile app development company in Dubai they provide me this item in good conditions
    Last edited by kandydateh; 14-05-2022 at 10:28 AM.