Threaded View

Bottle Cooler Issue

Hello

I have a Gamko bottle cooler that has been working fine until October last year when the compressor stopped working. I took it to a refrigeration engineer who we use at work and he checked the fridge over and confirmed that the compressor was faulty.

He replaced the compressor with a new Aspera one and again the fridge was working fine until last month when I noticed that the temperature was high in the fridge, I removed the relay and noticed a bit of melted plastic and burning around the terminals. I ordered a new relay and klixon which was exactly the same as the one I took off.

The new relay came the other day and I fitted it, switched the fridge on and the compressor fired up and run until the temperature got to 3.5 degrees and the compressor cut out as the electronic stat is set at 3.5 degrees. I monitored the fridge for a while and it kept cutting in when temp went up and cut off at 3.5 degrees so all good. I didn't Need the fridge for a few days so I switched it off.

Then today I switched the fridge on and the compressor did not fire up but the compressor fan did, I switched the fridge off again and removed the relay, reconnected it and switched the fridge back on and the compressor started and temp started to drop. I again switched the power off and on again and yet again the compressor failed to start.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the intermittent fault?

I hope this makes sense!

Thanks for reading.

P.S I should say that the bottle cooler is in a shed/bar outside so the ambient temp has been cold recently but has been around 10 degrees for the last few days while I have had this issue.
    Last edited by Longster10; 03-02-2022 at 10:50 PM.