Hello HELP Required Fujitsu system

Hi all looking for some help any most appreciated.
    My son has just brought a flat and it has a Fujitsu
    ASY24RWG-W Indoor unit and a AOY24RWGL outdoor unit .
    Remote on wall is AR-CH1
    Unfortunately we weren’t left with any manuals , and previous occupier deceased ,and have searched numerous sites inc Fujitsu with no luck .
    It seems can do both AC and Heat and have managed to get it to work in both with a bit of trail and error etc .
    Although flat has Gas boiler and 2 rads we were wondering if this AC unit is a sort of heat source pump etc and would it be cheaper to run to heat flat than the boiler or run both together/ Hybrid.
    Never had this sort of thing before so no idea ( and no manuals / user guides) of the best way to use it and is it worth it .
    Again any help appreciated
    Kind regards
    Harry

Re: Hello HELP Required Fujitsu system

Hi Harry,

I've got a few older Fujitsu manuals but nothing for this I'm afraid.

I'm sure that remote (it's a square infra red one?) was used on cassettes. Wall mounts like you have had a TV style remote, normally named AR-JW1 or some other number. No matter, if it does what it should then good, be aware that if I am on the right track then certain functions may not work as for whatever reason there is no 'universal' Fujitsu signals for heat/cool/temp up, etc. What works on one style might be different for another.

Back to your original query, it is a heat pump. Is it cheaper to run than gas? A tricky question to answer!

Assuming it's clean and good airflow through the coils (and your boiler is half decent!) then I'd say that when ambient is above 10*C then it may well be more efficient. Below that there is less heat in the air to grab so the AC becomes less efficient. Eventually outdoors will ice up and begin to defrost so even less efficient.
    Remember you have a very old style system, perhaps 20 years old so like anything newer models are more efficient but at the expense of more electronics and components.
    As an indication to what you should expect to see from it air coming out in heating should be above 40* perhaps in the 50's once it gets going.

For what it's worth the 1 AC I have at home I tend to use on heating when it isn't freezing outside. It heats up the lounge and kitchen (only a small open plan bungalow) and wofts up to the upstairs bedroom. Front bedrooms remains a tad chilly but the kids don't seem to mind. Anything real cold then AC off and boiler goes on, might put the AC on here and there but only because it's fitted and not to save on bills.
    Pucker systems can run heat pumps and gas/oil systems as a hybrid system. They have what's called a bivalent point which where additional heating is required from the gas/oil because the heat pump can no longer produce the heat required which I guess takes efficiency into account too.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
    Andy.
    Health and safety first..........unless I'm in a hurry.

Re: Hello HELP Required Fujitsu system

Hi Thank you very much for the info much appreciated
    The remote is https://images.app.goo.gl/4MVrUf7vvb26aNUi8
    Attached Images Attached Images