Carrier 30RA013 cooling past setpoint

Hi, I have the carrier 30RA013 water chiller with pro-dialog control panel and I have set the setpoint to 0 degrees C (returning water temp). The unit is cooling until -2.7C then cuts off (no alarms). Unit starts cooling again approximately at +0.7 or +0.8C. How can I adjust these limits? There is no such option in the pro dialog manual nor in the user manual (from http://eto.carrier.com/lit.asp).

Is it maybe in service menu? I have the password (113), but I don't know what structure of service menu.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Re: Carrier 30RA013 cooling past setpoint

It looks like the unit has a 2k Differential (-2.7 to +0.7). The calibration of the sensor may be out.

If you want it to switch off when the return temp = 0C then set your control point to +2C and see how that goes, although the mean temp will be +1C

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    It looks like the unit has a 2k Differential (-2.7 to +0.7). The calibration of the sensor may be out.

If you want it to switch off when the return temp = 0C then set your control point to +2C and see how that goes, although the mean temp will be +1C
    Hi, I need to set the differential larger, something like 8 degrees to avoid short cycling. With other brand chillers there has always been setting for this but with carrier, it seems you cant set the differential setting?

Increasing the differential to 8K is not really the answer. I would suggest that your minimum circuit volume maybe too low.
    Looking at the manual, the unit is designed for a return water temp of 12C, which I imagine would give a leaving temp of 6C.
    Does your system have glycol?
    To prevent 'short cycling' you should install a buffer vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Increasing the differential to 8K is not really the answer. I would suggest that your minimum circuit volume maybe too low.
    Looking at the manual, the unit is designed for a return water temp of 12C, which I imagine would give a leaving temp of 6C.
    Does your system have glycol?
    To prevent 'short cycling' you should install a buffer vessel.
    Hi, thank you for the answer. I'm using this chiller to cool tank in food industry. Using glycol at 33%. I have 200 liters buffer tank already, but I would like that the compressor would not run so often. Currently it runs about 5 mins every 30 mins. Not bad, but it could be less frequent.

So what is your priority - maintaining circuit temp for the process or controlling compressor run time?
    I must admit that I've never come across a job where the main requirement was for controlling the compressor run time in such a way. All of the projects I've worked on required water temp control as the priority and the compressor ran when required to achieve this.