Daikin VRV2 Recharging

Hi
    Not sure If I have a problem or not or I am probably being stupid. Had to replace an expansion valve in outdoor unit REYQ 14. Put unit into recovery mode to open valves etc. Recovered ,Replaced valve body, test, vac,and recharge.I can only get about 4.5kg in. Need 24.5kg . I read on the cover that you cannot add refrigerant while unit is running. Is there another way. or should I have taken it out of recovery mode before recharging. need to get it up and running over the weekend. Any ideas. Thanks

Re: Daikin VRV2 Recharging

A simpler method would have been to switch the unit off, close the service valves and then just recover the outdoor unit. (this leaves all the indoor circuit intact).

After recovering and vacuuming I am astonished that you can only get 4kg into the system. With this low charge the unit will not run as it will detect low charge on start up.

Best way forward now is to put the system into recovery mode,switch off and reclaim the new charge. Then vac out again. Then add liquid directly into the liquid line. Pull a good vacuum (min 2 hours).

You can add refrigerant while it is running - read the instructions. You have to have the liquid service valve shut while you do this and charge into the liquid line.

Thanks Frank

How important is the switch off part after setting recovery mode, other than the obvious safety aspect.
    Thanks.

You could also just set the unit in to mode 2 setting 20, close in the liquid line and attach your gauges to the liquid line with the bottle hooked up and ready to go, the unit will start and basically pump down and allow you to add your refrigerant charge to the system. Unit will run in this mode for half an hour and can be set in again if you need longer. As for turning the unit off after setting recovery mode, Daikin recommend that you switch the system off but from experiance ive had systems in recovery mode with power on for hours! not had any problems yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Birds
    How important is the switch off part after setting recovery mode, other than the obvious safety aspect.
    Thanks.
    Putting the system into recovery mode forces the indoor EEV's fully open. Switching off after this ensures that the valves remain in the open position.

Good morning my friend .
    I had the same problem to Olympic Beach Volley venue and i do a good vacuum (about 1h 30m) and then i recharge the system again and now it is allright.
    I hope to help you with that.