alphamarcaphi Guest

Scotsman CME256 Water Diagnostic Light

Hello all, I have a Scotsman CME256. It is harvesting ice, but at a very slow pace.

Everytime I look at the control panel, the off light is green, and the water diagnostic light blinks red twice. If I want to harvest ice, I have to hold down the off button, and then freeze and it will start the process.

I have done my research on old threads, and it appears to be linked the water coming into the machine. Some have speculated its the bin eyes, but I spoke to Scotsman tech support, they said the refrigeration light would blink if that were the case.

So I am stumped what it could be. I took apart the inlet valve and cleaned the metal screen, there was no dirt there. I also took it apart a little more and well lets just say I could have f-ed it up more. I haven't put it back together yet, will wait until tomorrow.

Anyone have ideas? The rude tech guy said it would be something in the reservoir that needs adjusting?

jerrmey Guest

Re: Scotsman CME256 Water Diagnostic Light

Try the water level sensor..

according to the manual (available on scotsman-ice.com.it) the light indicates that the water has taken longer than 3 minutes to fill the tank and make contact with the water level sensor, if this is not the case check the waterlevel sensor.
    Cheers Paul

simple but sometimes overlooked aspect is: Is there sufficient water pressure to the machine. had a scenario once where i was called out to fix a ice machine and it turned out the shop next door had a t-piece further up the water line and a tap for there sink connected and they would run the water almost all day (washing dishes, spraying the floors etc etc) caused the ice machine not to work