SIngle Split inverter Air conditioner giving lot of troubles, planning centralize

Good Day,
    I have some gree AC's (7) all inverter and inverter kept on going malfunction despite many repairs. I am fed up getting it repaired.

Is it nice idea to go for centralized (self build).
    My idea is to have one unit with 1 x 8 HP compressor sufficent for 4 rooms.
    Evoperator fan would be seperately build for this project.

Please guide me to proceed with this idea.

Re: SIngle Split inverter Air conditioner giving lot of troubles, planning centralize

In principle it would seem possible but remember the 1 x compressor will either be on or off so your ability to control capacity will be limited. It would be all on cooling or off.

If you wanted to control your capacity it then gets more complicated and you would be looking at the inverter options again.

I would look to what is causing the inverter to fail in the first place??
    Do you have consistent power supplies?

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Re: SIngle Split inverter Air conditioner giving lot of troubles, planning centralize

Quote Originally Posted by Rob White View Post

In principle it would seem possible but remember the 1 x compressor will either be on or off so your ability to control capacity will be limited. It would be all on cooling or off.

If you wanted to control your capacity it then gets more complicated and you would be looking at the inverter options again.

I would look to what is causing the inverter to fail in the first place??
    Do you have consistent power supplies?

Rob

Yes I understand running bigger compressor with small evoperator won't do work, I have to go for parallel compressor or inverter on bigger compressor. My purpose for asking to get an idea if people do this DIY Air con system.

Gree Electronic compenents are non repairable, voltage flunction is also one of the reason for damage of board.

In principle it is possible and if you have the engineering capabilities then quite easy to do.

I think part of the problem is most off the shelf systems are designed to be disposable and repairs tend to be factored in as component replacement.

I would be tempted to go with a better quality of machine in the first place and protect it with power supply protection.

Building from scratch sometimes is like trying to re-invent the wheel and sometimes not always the most cost effective.

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..