Thread: A2L coldroom

A2L coldroom

I have a couple of coldrooms to install and am thinking of using A2L R454C but i’m a bit concerned that i may go over the charge limit. Anyone had any experiences doing this and any advice how to get it right?

Re: A2L coldroom

We have fitted one the one we fitted was a Marstair and was critically charged we told our supplier what puoe length was and they told us the charge it was on r454c

That’s an alarming statement. How do you know this and what ‘awful things’ have you heard about them?
    Last edited by sparkatan; 11-12-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Their is a lot of scaremongering around the use of A2L refrigerants. There is risk associated with any commercial or industrial process. That is the industry

This is a very delicate subject but suffice to say I have no gripe with A2L refrigerants or any low GWP refrigerant and in fact any innovation that is helping to save our planet. What i do take umbrage with is individuals or companies that take advantage of a situation for financial benefit rather than the moral aspect of it, but particularly when they knowingly release a product which has not been tested.

Not sure where your other message has gone and can only guess it has been removed, however, i have also heard rumours about the same thing you mention here. I am led to believe questions have been asked about the performance and reliability of these systems currently in operation. Food for thought?