Mitsubishi MSY-GE18NA Mr. Slim Troubleshooting

We have a Mitsubishi MSY-GE18NA single unit Mr. Slim installed in our bedroom. This unit is for cool only no heater function. We had it installed Professionally on 09/17/2014. For the first time in 6 years were are now having problems. When we turn the a.c. on, it blows warm air. It runs for approximately 7 minutes then shuts off. The top green indicator light on the inside wall unit blinks 5 times, then it pauses and blinks 5 more times and does this continuously until I turn off the a.c. with the remote. Also, the fan on the outside unit does not spin at all during this cycle. Can anyone walk me through the troubleshooting process (voltage checks). I really appreciate your support. Thank you, Tommy.

Re: Mitsubishi MSY-GE18NA Mr. Slim Troubleshooting

These are the current remote control settings. With these settings the a.c. runs for 6 minutes then it turns off.
    The green indicator light blinks 5 times then pauses for a second, then blinks 5 times then pauses and does this continuously until I turn the a.c. off with the remote control. Again, the fan on the outside unit does not spin at all. Thank you, Tommy.

Mitsubishi remote.jpg
    Last edited by Tommy; 15-09-2020 at 06:17 AM.

it sounds like a faulty compressor

Is there a way to test the compressor? The large fan on the outside unit, is it ac or dc current that operates it? I need to test this fan as well. Thank you, Tommy.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Here is a copy of the unit service manual which gives the fault diagnostics.

Hope this helps, start around paragraph 9.2

https://www.mitsubishi*echinfo.ca/sites/default/files/SH_MS%2528Y%2529%2528Z%2529GENA_OBH548D_16.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjTw4vekuvrAhWtRxUIHSngBJgQFjABegQIBBAB&usg =AOvVaw0EY7gub0zERS9euoHDcKfc

NOTE Because of the forum language filter in the above link you need to change the * for the letter "t" as mitsubish itechinfo contains s h i t which gets turned into ****.
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 15-09-2020 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Forum rules getting in the way ;)
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

The link doesn't seem to work Brian

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    The link doesn't seem to work Brian
    Did you replace the * ?

You need to cut and paste.
    Retired March 2015

I tried to cut and paste the "t" it didn't work.

Okay then try what I did on your behalf, search the internet for your units service manual like this ...

https://bfy.tw/P4Rd

Look for the Mitsi......techinfo.ca pdf file offering.
    Retired March 2015

Brian, I googled the model number. I was then able to get to the Service Manual. Really not that user friendly. Anyway, it says if your indoor upper green lamp indicator blinks 5 times and then pauses for a few seconds, then does it over and over. It says the cause is with the Outdoor unit. The outdoor unit has a system abnormality. It then says to Refer to "How to check the inverter/compressor. I know that the inverter is the outdoor circuit board. Have no idea what the compressor looks like or how to check it. I took the top and front covers off from the outdoor unit as shown in the pictures I have posted. Any suggestions from here? I up righted the picture, now I don't know how to delete the picture that is side ways. Thank you, Tommy.
    Covers removed-2.jpg
    Last edited by frank; 16-09-2020 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Upright picture

you need to call a engineer

Yes, I agree with you on that. I have to talk this over with my wife. I want to thank you all for your support. Stay safe, Tommy.