Bakery walk in Fridge settings/parameters

Hey

We have walk in fridge we use as a dough retarder in our bakery, each day we load shaped loaves in proving baskets on a rack into the fridge. Up to 180kg of warm dough around 28 degree C, and the stainless steel racks they are on.

We have the fridge set at 2.5 degree C, and loading all the dough into fridge puts a lot of work on the compressor. It used to work fine as our old fridge engineer had adjusted the parameters on the control panel to work best for us. Unfortunately our new fridge engineer when fixing it a few weeks ago, reset all the parameters. So now its not dealing with the humidity well, icing up a lot and struggling with getting down to temp. When it is empty the fan de-ices and fridge hold temps, but as soon as we put a rack of dough into fridge it ice up and take a long time to cool properly. This never happened in the past.

Any advice on what parameters I should set on the control panel to help?

We have a Carel MasterCella control panel.

Re: Bakery walk in Fridge settings/parameters

Can you check how often is the defrost set up?
    But you must also take into consideration that defrost adds additional cooli g load.

Sounds like it needs more frequent defrosts to cope with the high humidity.
    Mostly found in Oxfordshire, UK :)

Sometimes it's just a case of lengthening df parameters to suit individuall situations a experienced engineer can normally get the parameters right knowing what goes in it if he was told of course of course you may have a out of calibration evap probe that terminates df to quick and will only show a fault under load I'm sure if you call the engineer who looked at it he can run you through the parameters and lengthen a little

might not help you, but could be good for your engineer

(I'm assuming off cycle defrost and system is pumping down)

I had a problem with a chill/prep room which was used as a fridge overnight, I added an extra thermostat with the temp probe in the evaporator coil, wired in series with the solenoid coil, so it would shut the compressor off if the coil got too cold.

engineer would need to try it and tweek the setting to suit, mine was setup for -8 with a temp difference of 10'C

so if the evaporator reaches -8'C (freezing up) the compressor shuts off and stays off until the coil reaches 2'C

works very well, there's no other control for defrost