Hi all,

I’ve got an old Prestcold, all restored, rewired and working as well as could be expected.
The fridge is running from solar in a dry insulated shed but I want to be belt and braces sure that it’s safe should the thermostat fail. (We has a total loss fire at work due to a beko fridge thermostat failing causing the compressor to work overtime until fire broke out).

My thoughts were to wire a thermal fuse in series from live and mount it onto the compressor, however I have a few stumbling thoughts...

Firstly, do I wire it into the main circuit effectively killing all power in the event of a blow, or inline with the relay start and run common, therefore just killing power to the compressor circuit?

Secondly, I can’t for the life of me figure how to mount such a fuse. There are no mount points of any description on top of the compressor, and so I’m stumped. I wondered about magnets but it seems a bit of a ****ty solution for a safety device.

And lastly, I’m unsure about normal operating temps and so what degree fuse to use?

I’ll attach some pics of my circuit and the compressor to see if you had any thoughts....

Thanks

Chris.
B1B463C6-3B89-4DB6-A763-87C6A63E2798.jpg
D5B1EB8F-99D2-4614-AD3C-D85983BF0EAC.jpg