Question Haier WC200GS Wine Cooler temperature fluctuating all over the place

Hello all,

This is my first time posting on this forum!

I have a Haier Dual Zone Wine cooler model WC200GS that is about 8 years old. It is designed to be a in cabinet style. Now in fairness to this old girl I didn't realize how much dust had collected on the input fins below the unit. I cleaned those out (used an air compressor to blow everything out) and still did not work.

I bought a replacement but just couldn't throw out this old gal so I put the Haier out in the garage and let it sit for a couple of days. I then started it up and it went right down to the temperature settings. I thought great, it just needed to be reset! Well after leaving it set there for a while I noticed the temp went back up into the 70's.

Next step: Try and fix the most common problem which appears to be the start relay and overload sensor. The compressor is an Embarco. Now I tried to find a service or parts manual for this model but it seems none exists. I then went by any markings I could find on the two items and came close with a couple from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fairly easy job to replace and after I replaced them the wine cooler went right down to the correct temperature and stayed there for a couple of hours. Then the lower section (which is the colder temperature zone) started to climb up to about 59 from the 43 it was at.

Another hour or so check and it was back down. Then after a couple of hours both went up into the mid 60's. Then they came back down again.

The compressor is warm to the touch (I will pick up a temperature gauge to let you know how warm it is but it feels warmer than what I would expect)

Any ideas from here? If you would like pictures I will gladly take what you need.
    Last edited by rjreiffer; 10-08-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Haier WC200GS Wine Cooler temperature fluctuating all over the place

You say it is in your garage at the moment. What is the outdoor temperature?

If it is too cold it takes a while for the fridge to lose temperature which can cause those cabinet temperature swings.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Our garage is running around 75 - 80 right now. We are located in Grand Rapids, MI.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by rjreiffer View Post
    Our garage is running around 75 - 80 right now. We are located in Grand Rapids, MI.
    Okay, forget that idea.
    Retired March 2015

Quote Originally Posted by rjreiffer View Post
    <br>
    Okay, forget that idea, although I see from the instruction sheet that it has a maximum on 90⁰F.
    Retired March 2015