Split AC wont turn on - need help for diagnostic

Hi everyone.
    I have a split ac (about 6 years old) that started leaking about 2 weeks ago but I realized it came off the bracket in the back so it wasnt level. I fixed that and it worked fine since then but now it wont turn on at all.
    Is there a way to perform some basic validations before I call a contractor?
    Also, if one of the units is defective, can the contractor swap just the inside or outside unit or it has to be the whole system?

Thanks a lot.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Split AC wont turn on - need help for diagnostic

Check the power supply to both indoor and outdoor units.

Remote controller operating correctly, batteries, wires.. ?

Did your remounting works cause any damage to the pipework at all, maybe refrigerant leakage?

It's hard to diagnose an unknown and unseen system from a distance.

Hopefully and broken/failed parts should be replaceable depending on spares availability.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hi ,
    You need to check the all component of ac . after that ON your ac. and call customer care to fix the issue.

hi,

you need to check all the component of Split AC. after that check the cable and then start.

If it started leaking (I assume you mean the refrigerant) then you will need a professional to attend to carry out a leak repair and recharge

Based on my experience, the contractor only replaced the things that needed to be replaced, I highly suggest you hire a reputable AC contractor to be sure that the repair would be done properly. I personally recommend that you get an air conditioning maintenance plan from a professional AC service provider to get your unit checked and serviced regularly. This is because that issue might've already started a long time ago and it could've been easily prevented if it was checked and serviced by a technician as small issues like the bracket coming off would've been detected and fixed early before it turned into a more costly repair like the one that you're experiencing right now.
    Last edited by frank; 26-04-2021 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Advertising link removed

If your AC unit won't turn on, the first thing you should check is if there was a blown fuse or a tripped breaker. There's a good chance that the problem is a tripped breaker if the circuit was overloaded. However, it is also possible that a power surge caused your air conditioner to blow a fuse or trip a breaker.

Hope it helps
    Joe
    Last edited by frank; 04-05-2021 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Advertising link removed

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

As no response from original poster since last July this tread is now closed.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015