Hybrid View

Re: Condenser in lounge room floor

The condensing temperature at outlet would be far too high over 70c. then it would cool to condense to room temp.
    therefore you'd have a really hot part of the floor and a cool area. use it as it was designed or get a air/water system,

Thanks for your replies, yes I thought this may be the case, I had the idea of using a fairly thick sheet of aluminium say 10 mm it would work as a heat sink and disperse the heat a fair bit, but it would be defeating the purpose if you cooked your foot in one place & cool at the end, maybe using standoffs from the coil to the plate on the 1st say 30% & gradually get closer to the plate as it progressed to the end. The subflloor would be highly insulated with say 75 mm of PIR spray foam. I was just trying to avoid another glycol cooling loop & pump & servicing as in a normal hydronic floor setup with a heat pump. Does an indoor air to air split system get warmer at one end of the coil in heating mode or is it designed to stop this?
    Thanks - Leigh

Blog Entries

No matter what is type, all direct expansion/condensation type of heat pumps, at one end of condenser you have superheated vapor of about 70˚C and at another end subcooled liquid of about 35˚C. When radiant floor heating is designed, we use 5˚ ΔT of heating liquid and max temperature of return water of 35˚C because of health issue with high floor temperature (and heat related expansion of materials). Therefore, your idea is not feasible.