I know everyone is probably sick of hearing about the Covid-19 pandemic thats sweeping the world at the moment, but i just wondered if this has impacted on anyone's work? now with the social lockdown in place i imagine it will put quite a few people lacking work due to looking after pubs/cafe's ect.

The line of work that im in we deal with fresh fruit and vegetable storage and packing areas and we are still busy which is good for us but also puts an element of worry in us as engineers being that could we be putting our children/family at a greater risk by working in the areas we work?

I know some companies have gone on to emergency standby only, i have a friend who works in supermarket refrigeration and he said he is busier than ever, but then i have another friend who works in the retail sector of fridge and aircon and he has been made redundant because of whats happening.

Me being asthmatic puts me on the vulnerable list and i'll be 100% honest while i am worried about contracting it i am more worried about bringing the virus home and my family getting it.

Keep safe people and look after yourself's and loved ones.