Hi - my first post. I have a two year old very simple Currys Essentials under counter fridge. It is just a fridge and has no icebox nor is it combined with a freezer. It is running continuously and freezing things. I inspected the door seal which is perfect and there is no excessive moisture in the fridge. I looked at the wiring diagram and this has only three components - a thermostat, a compressor (with integral fan), and a light. There is no defrost heater or anything like that. The light goes out when the door closes. I removed the thermostat (and its built in capillary tube) and put my multimeter across the terminals to test it. It shows continuity regardless of the dial position. It only goes open circuit when the on off portion of the dial is in the off position. I put the thermostat in my freezer for two hours and then repeated the measurements: no change. I suspected it as having a fault (most likely welded contacts) so I ordered a replacement. I repeated these tests with the replacement but this showed the same behaviour. I ordered another replacement and this also seems faulty in the same way WTF(!)
Am I losing my mind or am I being VERY unlucky?!
Thanks for any help.