Toshiba RAV-SM566KRT-E advice

Hello again, me again with another post about Toshiba AC (as i said ive never worked on toshiba aircon)

So i have to fit a aspen mini lime S+ pump tomorrow, i have looked in the box and this is the newer design pump which isnt an issue, the issue is the old pump thats fitted to the unit only had power cables for the pump, this new one has the power and also a high level cut out cable, the pump manual says contact toshiba, who arent any help whatsover so i was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of where to actually connect the high level cutout, the cable just says "hi-levelcutout max load 3amp connect these"

Thanks in advanced

Re: Toshiba RAV-SM566KRT-E advice

I don't normally connect the high level cut out, it'll work away without it. If you do need to connect it you could i suppose wire the live feed to the indoor through it, though as i say i've never done it.
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

Quote Originally Posted by al View Post
    I don't normally connect the high level cut out, it'll work away without it. If you do need to connect it you could i suppose wire the live feed to the indoor through it, though as i say i've never done it.
    Thanks al, i did wonder if it would still work okay, i'll leave it without the cut out for now if it works fine without it being connected then that will be good, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by al View Post
    I'm trying to remember if cutting the power to the indoor will cause a system fault like a U4 on Daikin would or just a local individual unit fault. I think the latter but not sure
    . I dont think there is like Daikin another pair of connections which will stop the unit with out faulting . Like a hotel key card pair T1 T2 for example.without an additional PCB.
    I am amazed Toshiba are not helpful as I always found them to be..are you authorized to work on AC?

Been 4 years since I worked on any vrf so memory is dim now

Quote Originally Posted by r.bartlett View Post
    I'm trying to remember if cutting the power to the indoor will cause a system fault like a U4 on Daikin would or just a local individual unit fault. I think the latter but not sure
    . I dont think there is like Daikin another pair of connections which will stop the unit with out faulting . Like a hotel key card pair T1 T2 for example.without an additional PCB.
    I am amazed Toshiba are not helpful as I always found them to be..are you authorized to work on AC?

Been 4 years since I worked on any vrf so memory is dim now
    Yes i am authorized to work on AC just never worked on toshiba, ive worked on mainly daikin and mitsi, everytime i speak to toshiba about something they can never give me a straight answer.

and from having a quick look over the manual for the unit i couldnt work out where to wire the cut out in thats why i thought id ask on here to see if anyone had worked on the unit and installed a pump with the cut out connected.

Fair enough. Looking further you need an additional PCB the window switch board TCB-IFCB5-PE to use the hi level alarm without causing an issue

As Al said forget it unless the client insists

Just an update on the situation.

I went ahead and connected the pump in without the hi level cut out, tested it and all was good.

Then i had an email from Toshiba and they confirmed that there is no high level water alarm however if anyone needs to have the unit shut off you can use CN80 socket using pins 1 and 3 this will generate an L30 alarm and shut the unit off.

Hope that helps anyone in the future, thanks for your help and advice

Thanks for the update!
    Mostly found in the southern part of this green and pleasant land.

With any condensate pump on A/C, the High Level alarm can be either incorporated, or left out. It really depends on what the consequences are if the pump fails, i.e. is it on a cassette where the dripping water falls onto computer equipment below or just a wall mount, where the overflow water runs down the wall?

Safety first in my case, as any dripping water will cause damage, so I always try to ensure that if the pump fails, the unit stops.

With this in mind, I look for the easiest way to stop the unit, no matter what make. If you interupt the mains supply, then you stop the pump from working during a fault, so I consider either wiring the pump High Limit pair in series with the unit's High Float circuit, or interupting the comms between indoor/outdoor (for example Daikin's terminal 3 comms)

With any pump, the High Limit is just a relay with NC contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    With any condensate pump on A/C, the High Level alarm can be either incorporated, or left out. It really depends on what the consequences are if the pump fails, i.e. is it on a cassette where the dripping water falls onto computer equipment below or just a wall mount, where the overflow water runs down the wall?

Safety first in my case, as any dripping water will cause damage, so I always try to ensure that if the pump fails, the unit stops.

With this in mind, I look for the easiest way to stop the unit, no matter what make. If you interupt the mains supply, then you stop the pump from working during a fault, so I consider either wiring the pump High Limit pair in series with the unit's High Float circuit, or interupting the comms between indoor/outdoor (for example Daikin's terminal 3 comms)

With any pump, the High Limit is just a relay with NC contacts.
    Couple of things
    First, if you interrupt the mains
    Well you are only interuppting the mains to the unit not the pump

Second if a vrf you need to bear in mind that interuppting number 3 on Daikin will cause a U4 error to the whole system..

Thirdly Daikin say you should not have any interruptions, joints or switches in the Comms line.
    Last edited by r.bartlett; 13-11-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r.bartlett View Post
    Couple of things
    First, if you interrupt the mains
    Well you are only interuppting the mains to the unit not the pump

Second if a vrf you need to bear in mind that interuppting number 3 on Daikin will cause a U4 error to the whole system..

Thirdly Daikin say you should not have any interruptions, joints or switches in the Comms line.
    Daikin VRV comms on F1 F2 not terminal 3.
    As I said, first consideration is to interrupt the High Float signal