Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Re: compact screw oil carry over

Quote Originally Posted by mbc View Post
    Hi Tycho

if he pump down the system ,
    oil should be on drum if there were oil
    in pump down we sucking gas and oil were stay on drum

but to return oil ( oil is on top in flooded system in freion ) from drum he needs rectifier system .
    I am family with those condenser's
    design of pipes inside condenser is not right and oil especially POE oil were stay there .
    Yes, but look at the size of the condenser in the picture.
    it is a very big condenser.
    if oil and gas comes in from top and the gas condenses...

The liquid outlet is on other side of condenser.

you have very slow movement inside condenser, so oil will stay on top of liquid in condenser.

is what I am thinking.

If he has smaller condenser, with higher gas and liquid flow, then oil and liquid will go quickly from condenser to LP drum.

l2embo, says that when they pumped out the ice drum and LP receiver, there was no oil.

But he oil has left the compressor, so it has to go somewhere, yes?

That is why I am saying the oil may be staying in the condenser

Now... if l2embo keep running the system until the condenser is 70% oil, then the oil will start to go out to icedrum and expansiontank along with liquid from condenser, but he will also see that level in LP drum increases, even if he didn't add any *****.

Now I agree with you, he needs to add a rectifier system, but personally, I don't know any rectifier that works on a system with a steady stream of HP liquid. it needs to alternate.

If l2embo want's I can draw up a piping diagram for that ice machine, and an electrical diagram, but it would also mean that he would have to change the control system, to properly control the liquid level in the LP drum

So mbc, I am not here to arrest anyone or to make anyone look bad... I am doing my best to give input and help, from sometimes very little information. but I am here to help
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Tycho
    we pumped down the LP side and trap all the gas in the condenser. we did not drain any oil from oil drain valve of the drum. we assume maybe the oil has been trapped inside the siphon under the surge drum. we also add nitrogen about 8 bar to drum for draining the oil but still get nothing.
    about your question for liquid level I should say it is a small percentage HP liquid in condenser. if we open the throttling valve more than 1 turn we see high pressure liquid travels very very fast to LP side from the sight glass.
    do you offer thermostatic expansion valve for that?
    I would like to have your suggestion for piping and electrical diagram for the ice machine.
    please also include what kind of valve is could we use for HP liquid control.

Hi Tycho
    please provide me with the diagrams if possible
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Yes, but look at the size of the condenser in the picture.
    it is a very big condenser.
    if oil and gas comes in from top and the gas condenses...

The liquid outlet is on other side of condenser.

you have very slow movement inside condenser, so oil will stay on top of liquid in condenser.

is what I am thinking.

If he has smaller condenser, with higher gas and liquid flow, then oil and liquid will go quickly from condenser to LP drum.

l2embo, says that when they pumped out the ice drum and LP receiver, there was no oil.

But he oil has left the compressor, so it has to go somewhere, yes?

That is why I am saying the oil may be staying in the condenser

Now... if l2embo keep running the system until the condenser is 70% oil, then the oil will start to go out to icedrum and expansiontank along with liquid from condenser, but he will also see that level in LP drum increases, even if he didn't add any *****.

Now I agree with you, he needs to add a rectifier system, but personally, I don't know any rectifier that works on a system with a steady stream of HP liquid. it needs to alternate.

If l2embo want's I can draw up a piping diagram for that ice machine, and an electrical diagram, but it would also mean that he would have to change the control system, to properly control the liquid level in the LP drum

So mbc, I am not here to arrest anyone or to make anyone look bad... I am doing my best to give input and help, from sometimes very little information. but I am here to help
    Hi Tycho
    Please provide me with you recommendation on diagrams.
    Regards

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by l2embo View Post
    Hi Tycho
    Please provide me with you recommendation on diagrams.
    Regards
    Sorry for my late answer, but I have been out of town

But here is the way to control the oil return from your LP side.

I have been looking fro a proper drawing so I didn't have to make one myself..

draining-suction-line1.jpg

Now if you look at this picture.

On the left side is the oil return to the suction, there is a solenoid valve and a manual valve.
    The solenoid valve should open 3-5 minutes after the compressor started. The manual valve should be a hand regulating valve, and after the hand regulating valve should be a sight glass, so you can correctly adjust the flow of oil/refrigerant going back into the suction.

If you look at the right side, there is a level control valve controlled by a simple regulator...

20 years ago when I worked on these machines, the level were controlled by a danfoss RT280, and they worked like a charm
    https://assets.danfoss.com/documents...3586432642.pdf
    -Cheers-

Tycho

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Sorry for my late answer, but I have been out of town

But here is the way to control the oil return from your LP side.

I have been looking fro a proper drawing so I didn't have to make one myself..

draining-suction-line1.jpg

Now if you look at this picture.

On the left side is the oil return to the suction, there is a solenoid valve and a manual valve.
    The solenoid valve should open 3-5 minutes after the compressor started. The manual valve should be a hand regulating valve, and after the hand regulating valve should be a sight glass, so you can correctly adjust the flow of oil/refrigerant going back into the suction.

If you look at the right side, there is a level control valve controlled by a simple regulator...

20 years ago when I worked on these machines, the level were controlled by a danfoss RT280, and they worked like a charm
    https://assets.danfoss.com/documents...3586432642.pdf
    There should be pipe connections sticking out of your surge drum at all the appropriate levels
    -Cheers-

Tycho