Thread: Hubbard fz114

Hubbard fz114

Hi,

Does anyone know much about the Hubbard fz114 cooler?
    I have been tasked with trying to get one up and running but know very little about transport units. There seems to be little to no info on this unit online and no signs of any spares...is this unit obsolete now?

A customer has bought a cab from and old asda delivery van, but the actual van part is not with it so no controller and all the wiring has just been chopped.

Do these units run only via the battery or can a 240v supply be wired in to run it from a plugged supply (this is what he's wanting to do, hence the vehicle side being missing). From the very little info online it seems there two types, one with two motors inside and one with just one motor.

Am I correct in thinking the one with two motors can run either 12v or 240v with there being a second motor? If so the unit I am having to work on only has one powering the compressor. I've tried wiring a plug and cable to the 240v side of the unit but when the Contactor is switched manually nothing happens but power does get through. I've tried contacting Hubbard technical but no response from them.

I've tried looking online for a replacement controller but can't seem to find anything which is making me wonder if the spares are no longer available.

Thanks in advance.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Hubbard fz114

Just some download links, Hubbard owned by Zanotti

Controller, specs and wiring diagrams -
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sRwjjA-3wprcVE

Sorry, that's all I could find apart from an archived thread from this forum that ran for about 4 years decrying Zanotti.

Good luck with it, might be cheaper yo buy a new monoblock.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Cheers Brian, I've managed to find a controller manual today and also a wiring diagram which I think is for the unit I've been looking at. I've tried to source a replacement controller but doesn't seem to be anything anywhere online. Some bits come up for ones in Russia but think they must be old posts, nothing seems to come up as an advert in UK anyway. Suppose it makes no difference what power supply it runs off if you can't get a controller to control it with.

With parts missing I would wire in a 974 or a uni r and manual relays its basically a zanotti with is over complicated personally asda and Tesco no exactly when to sell stuff just when it's worn out i would advise to fit commercial kit the zanotti transport kit is highly unreliable cut out the card and wire in a 12 volt controller and relays unless you got another scrap one