Stand alone commercial refrigerants R450A vs. R513A for Med. Temp. preference?

We're deciding between R450A and R513A for our commercial Stand Alone grab and go coolers. Has anyone found an advantage in either one? It seems R 513A has a slightly higher capacity and that has me leaning. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Ken

Re: Stand alone commercial refrigerants R450A vs. R513A for Med. Temp. preference?

Hello.

I've not worked with either but looking at the numbers

one is R134a and R1234ze
    the other is R134a and 1234yf so they are going to be very similar and react
    similar as well? What temp range do you want to work at because the 450 has a very
    slightly higher boiling point to the 513 so the density will vary slightly if you require them to work
    sub-zero temperatures?

Molecular weights are similar as are the GWP's so all in all the 513 higher capacity might come down to
    evaporating pressures and that might be just enough of a difference to make a choice.

The only other thing I could think of is cost? How do they compare on price?

Regards
    Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..

Re: Stand alone commercial refrigerants R450A vs. R513A for Med. Temp. preference?

Hi Rob, Medium temp 20°F evaporator. Haven't researched cost I think as Chemours 513 and Honeywell 450 will be competitively priced but thanks for the input, always worth checking out price.

Ken