Samsung RJ050F2HXEB

Chaps,

replacing a pcb on one of these about 5 years old. twin indoor units.

after change now get E2 C8 on the led . not sure if you have to re address these new pcb's

any help much apreciated

Re: Samsung RJ050F2HXEB

On some of these Panasonic units, you have to transfer the programming chip from the old PCB to the new one or else go through a fairly lengthy phone call assisted re-programming procedure.
    Mobile A/C at its best, see avatar.
    Bedford. Now retired and trying to relax.

Hi Richard,
    When you replace the EEPROM the new one needs to be told what it is fitted to, at the moment the unit's controls doesn't know if it is a hoover, a tv, a fridge or an AC unit. (But the good news is that modern EEPROMs hardly ever fails and if your indoor unit is new enough they are removable so just take the one from the old PCB and fit it to the new PCB and your system will work.)
    The way we tell the controls what they are fitted to is by giving it a "product option code".
    I have uploaded the service manual to: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z1...jub7egRq0F_OFR
    How to enter the code in to the machine starts on page 4-2 and what code to enter is on pg. 4-15. You will need an IR remote to enter the code but any Samsung IR remote will do and if yours is newer/different than the one in the manual just let me know and I will send you the instructions for the controller you got.

Clarification: Any Samsung AC IR remote can be used (Just realised that we do other products with IR remotes as well)
    Last edited by The Viking; 13-03-2019 at 11:31 PM.

P_20190313_160517.jpg

It's the outdoor board but I can't see where the eprom is?
    Last edited by r.bartlett; 14-03-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Apologies, I assumed it was an indoor board you changed.

Anyhow, let's start again...
    After you changed the outdoor PCB you will need to recommission the unit so that it knows what it is connected to.
    On pg. 4-18 onwards, in the manual I shared earlier, is how to put the outdoor unit through the auto addressing mode.
    As these indoor units already been through this process but with a different outdoor PCB it is a 50/50 chance that this will fail, if it does just carry on reading the manual and on the following pages is how to manually address the system.

(And do make sure that the surfaces between the PCB and the heatsink are cleaned and covered with fresh heat transfer paste)

does anyone have a number for samsung UK technical helpline pls.