Hot tropical enviroment Condenser Temps

In a hot (120'F) desert environment do you want the condenser temps to be hot or cool?

Under a normal system for condensers they say it has been set up for 90'F ambient temp and 115'F condensing temps.

So in a Hotter than normal environment say 120'F ambient temps (hot summer day) do you want a cool condensing temp of 115'F or a hotter one at say 130'F.

The Dan Foss says the Ashre Tables are tested with 90'F with a condensing temp of 130'F

Please let me know and thank you all for your help

Sincerely
    Brad

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Re: Hot tropical enviroment Condenser Temps

It will be hard to get 115°F with 120°F ambient on an air cooled condenser.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Re: Hot tropical enviroment Condenser Temps

Quote Originally Posted by born2dive9702 View Post
    In a hot (120'F) desert environment do you want the condenser temps to be hot or cool?

Under a normal system for condensers they say it has been set up for 90'F ambient temp and 115'F condensing temps.

So in a Hotter than normal environment say 120'F ambient temps (hot summer day) do you want a cool condensing temp of 115'F or a hotter one at say 130'F.

The Dan Foss says the Ashre Tables are tested with 90'F with a condensing temp of 130'F

Please let me know and thank you all for your help

Sincerely
    Brad
    Condenser rejects heat into atmosphere, so condensing pressure on air cooled has to be higher than ambient.
    Expect 140F at least in those hot days.
    Add water, different story.