});

Retrofitting York YCAS screw chillers from R22 to R407c

It's been a while since I posted anything here.
    I am about to embark on changing some R22 YCAS chillers to R407c and was wondering if anyone out there has some experience they could share with regards to what problems I can expect to come up against. The local York supplier has told me that we will lose about 5 to 6% capacity but that is not a big problem as the units are already oversized for their duty.
    I would appreciate any advice regarding the above project. I have been reading some blogs where people are talking about o-rings require changing etc because they change shape with 407c?????

Re: Retrofitting York YCAS screw chillers from R22 to R407c

Hi
    main thing to change R22 to 407C
    is cleaning system ( very good) and putting POE type Oli in compressor .
    then after running set superheat
    Last edited by mbc; 15-02-2019 at 09:08 PM.

Re: Retrofitting York YCAS screw chillers from R22 to R407c

Quote Originally Posted by Miked1 View Post
    It's been a while since I posted anything here.
    I am about to embark on changing some R22 YCAS chillers to R407c and was wondering if anyone out there has some experience they could share with regards to what problems I can expect to come up against. The local York supplier has told me that we will lose about 5 to 6% capacity but that is not a big problem as the units are already oversized for their duty.
    I would appreciate any advice regarding the above project. I have been reading some blogs where people are talking about o-rings require changing etc because they change shape with 407c?????
    “0” rings could definitely be a potential issue internal & external leakage.